Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZeroKnight

Running and AMD Radon VII and an NVIDIA Quadro P4000

Posted · Original PosterOP

Yellow everyone 

I’m supporting my girl friends graphics and CG/VFX career, so i went out and got a NVIDIA Quadro P4000 to put in my PC. is there anything i need to know? I plan on leaving in my AMD video card and using that as the primary. I know she will be needing the NVIDIA Quadro P4000 for rendering and VFX task, i just want to make sure both will be able to work in the same computer.

iirc, nvidia drivers would not install if they dettect the presence of AMD cards. At least this was the case a long time ago. Since Quadros have their drivers update once every planetary alignment they probably have a similar policy.

So i'd remove the AMD card, install the Quadro GPU , then install drivers and later re-add the AMD card to avoid those issues.

After that it should be all good.

Posted · Original PosterOP
6 hours ago, faziten said:

iirc, nvidia drivers would not install if they dettect the presence of AMD cards. At least this was the case a long time ago. Since Quadros have their drivers update once every planetary alignment they probably have a similar policy.

So i'd remove the AMD card, install the Quadro GPU , then install drivers and later re-add the AMD card to avoid those issues.

After that it should be all good.

Thank you, i will follow this and see how it goes