Running and AMD Radon VII and an NVIDIA Quadro P4000

Yellow everyone 

I’m supporting my girl friends graphics and CG/VFX career, so i went out and got a NVIDIA Quadro P4000 to put in my PC. is there anything i need to know? I plan on leaving in my AMD video card and using that as the primary. I know she will be needing the NVIDIA Quadro P4000 for rendering and VFX task, i just want to make sure both will be able to work in the same computer.

iirc, nvidia drivers would not install if they dettect the presence of AMD cards. At least this was the case a long time ago. Since Quadros have their drivers update once every planetary alignment they probably have a similar policy.

So i'd remove the AMD card, install the Quadro GPU , then install drivers and later re-add the AMD card to avoid those issues.

After that it should be all good.

6 hours ago, faziten said:

iirc, nvidia drivers would not install if they dettect the presence of AMD cards. At least this was the case a long time ago. Since Quadros have their drivers update once every planetary alignment they probably have a similar policy.

So i'd remove the AMD card, install the Quadro GPU , then install drivers and later re-add the AMD card to avoid those issues.

Thank you, i will follow this and see how it goes

On 4/17/2019 at 3:23 AM, faziten said:

Update i did as you said and all works, except that in the Nvidia control panel there is only one option???

44 minutes ago, ZeroKnight said:

Update i did as you said and all works, except that in the Nvidia control panel there is only one option???

You probably need to plug in the display cable into P4000 before booting.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 hour ago, xAcid9 said:

You probably need to plug in the display cable into P4000 before booting.

That was it, thank you. Now to solve the new issue... game damn this setup

now its maya 2019 that i have to figure out

1 hour ago, ZeroKnight said:

That was it, thank you. Now to solve the new issue... game damn this setup

now its maya 2019 that i have to figure out

What's the problem? 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

2 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

What's the problem? 

Well one i'm not to familiar on how Maya uses video cards, or how to use Maya at all(im trying to set this up right from my girlfriend). when i load Maya up and the output screen comes up, in that output windows it only shows my Radeon VII card, but when i go in to preferences and the GPU cache it has listed the Nvidia Quadro. but its not showing in the Arnold plugin... i know its confusing and there is limited form help on maya. only that GPU rendering isn't technically supported.. so i'm lost

On 4/16/2019 at 8:56 AM, ZeroKnight said:

Yellow everyone 

I’m supporting my girl friends graphics and CG/VFX career, so i went out and got a NVIDIA Quadro P4000 to put in my PC. is there anything i need to know? I plan on leaving in my AMD video card and using that as the primary. I know she will be needing the NVIDIA Quadro P4000 for rendering and VFX task, i just want to make sure both will be able to work in the same computer.

If the application doesn't support chosing the render device, it will be done on the Radeon 7 instead and the P4000 is just a placebo "feelgood" thingy.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"