How do I live stream to Facebook using a DSLR?

Hi everyone! A group at my college has a speaker coming in tonight and they want to livestream the speech to our Facebook page. I have a DSLR camera (Nikon D3400 to be specific) and I am wondering if it is possible to use this camera to live stream to our Facebook. Is this at all possible? 

i dont think so as it will.rely.on.ur webcam..if u want a good result.get a good webcam.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

You're out of luck with D3400 i think. If your smartphone have a good camera i suggest use that as webcam instead with app like DroidCamX.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

On 3/22/2019 at 12:16 PM, FlugleWaffle said:

Hi everyone! A group at my college has a speaker coming in tonight and they want to livestream the speech to our Facebook page. I have a DSLR camera (Nikon D3400 to be specific) and I am wondering if it is possible to use this camera to live stream to our Facebook. Is this at all possible? 

It looks like the date to answer this may have already passed, but for anyone wondering how it might be done:

Plug the appropriate HDMI cable from your D3400 to an Elgato Game Capture HD. (I chose this one because it supports FB live, but if you find another similar device that supports FB, feel free to substitute).

So yes, it's possible. You'll need to set your camera correctly, get the right HDMI cable, and have a capture device that supports FB Live.