1ms MPRT vs 1ms GtG

So I am getting a new monitor and am stuck at an impasse. I am looking at the Samsung 27" LC27JG52QQNXZA WFHD Curved Gaming Monitor 16:9, 4(GTG) ms, 2560 x 1440 and the MSI Optix MAG27C 27" FreeSync LED Curved Monitor I 1920 x 1080, 144Hz, 1ms. The MSI monitor is a 1080p with a 1ms MPRT response time wile the Samsung is 2560 x 1440p with a 4ms GtG response rate. Which monitor do you guys think is better?

I really like both and am thinking the Samsung may be better for the price. 

Just now, Glenwing said:

Advertised response time is basically meaningless, it's best to just ignore it honestly.

MPRT is a somewhat more reliable measure. But of course comparing it to the meaningless GTG response time is not informative.

OP, you should try to check reviews for each monitor. That's going to give you much better info than spec pages.

45 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

MPRT is a somewhat more reliable measure. But of course comparing it to the meaningless GTG response time is not informative.

OP, you should try to check reviews for each monitor. That's going to give you much better info than spec pages.

Any measurement that gives a single number as the response time of an LCD panel is meaningless as far as I'm concerned :P It just doesn't reflect reality. 

As others have mention, both are pritty meaningless. I would go so far as to say what ever the advertised specs say about response time, in any measurement, should just be ignored, they are never accurate.

For starters, there is no 1ms LCD panel, they are just not that fast.

The fastest TN panels will usually be 'around' 4ms

The fastest IPS Panels will be 'around' 8ms

The fastest VA panels will be around 10ms

But as @Glenwing rightly stated, no single number is a truly accurate measurement of panel response time, as there can be a number of measurements for different transition start and end points as well as rise and fall times, and even how overdrives affect that and how much overshoot the overdrive settings can cause. However the 'average' figure ,as indicated above, that some reviewers will use is a lot more accurate than the BS you see advertised on pritty much all Monitors and TV's.

You could take 5 different 1ms advertised monitors and have them tested, and they will all have vastly different 'real' response times from each other which will explain why each one looks and feels different from each other despite having the same advertised specs.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |