Dual PC setup, noise when trying to listen to second PC

EFoG

Hey guys,

I recently built a new gaming rig, and instead of having both monitors hooked up to my new rig (in order to preserve fps) I hooked up my old rig to one of the monitors and control them both with Sharemouse.

My issue is wanting to listen to the secondary PC. I'm not streaming or anything so I don't need some complicated setup. I just want to be able to hear YouTube and other stuff from the secondary. I used to hookup my xbox360 through the line-in on my PC so I didn't have to keep rotating my speakers and that worked great. So my thought process was plug a Male to Male 3.5mm from output to input. But I get noise, static, and popping.

Did some research and tested to see if it was a ground loop, everything is on the same power strip. Tied unplugging outlets without ground prongs. No dice. Tried unplugging my wifi-router. Same thing. Bought a behringer UAC222 after reading some advice that a digital signal would get rid of interference. Nothing changed.

I'm at a total loss. If I listen to the input of the UAC222 with the headphone Jack on the device it sounds clear as day, however the output on my headphones connected to my main PC still has noise. I'm also using a USB headset on my main PC.

i doubt these will work

• HD vs what is it (forgets name) audio 98 or something.  it is a bios setting for front panel audio connecter. 
  • normally motherboard drivers for "sound" puts some sort of "icon" on your task bar near the time. 
  • go into the properties, of "output sound pc" and change default 8,16,32 bit,  and hz to like 4800hz or lower setting and see what happens. 
  • try muting left or right channel on "output sound pc", remember "mic" inputs is single channel. 
    • see if you can set "output pc" to MONO sound. 

not sure

• if it would work, get bluetooth adapters if needed for both computers, and see what happens.
  • usb to spdif input (capture card or like?)
  • audio capture card?

more likely

• stream your audio, (audio server like doing),  perhaps VLC, or audiojack.org, or other? (no clue) 
  • i suppose any streaming video will pick up your audio and you can play it on other pc.
  • cheap receiver, or switch, to switch between sources. even a tv, and switch source inputs.
  • remote desktop software/app. reduce everything but audio.
  • video capture (usb, or card) would have at minimum stereo input, possibly 5.1 or higher audio input.

DIY not sure

• buy 2 cheap pair of head phones, 
    • you have 3 wires a ground, a left channel, and a right channel wire. 
    • cut off both right speakers on both pairs, and connect ground to ground, and right channel to right channel.
    • (( WARNING )) i forget, which of the 3.5mm plug (actual plug itself) is ground, left, right,  you may need to connect left channels together. vs the right. due not connect both left and right channels together. one of the channels when you insert into mic input, will cause a short. 

13 hours ago, EFoG said:

Hey guys,

I recently built a new gaming rig, and instead of having both monitors hooked up to my new rig (in order to preserve fps) 

That's not how that works. You don't lose fps by having two monitors hooked up. 

22 minutes ago, JabroniBaloney said:

That's not how that works. You don't lose fps by having two monitors hooked up. 

BUT THE 2D MODELS!

This guys right you know, OP

Don't get me wrong I have 3 PCs right now on my desk on 3 diff monitors.  But that's for differing reasons, nothing to do with performance.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Lol well I know it technically has nothing to do with the fps. But I want all my resources going towards the game I'm playing and not using some for YouTube spotify etc... plus girlfriend bought a new mobo and CPU for my old rig on christmas so I didnt want to get rid of it...

@boggen I will try some of those and get back to you. Can't afford anything else this month, but I will mess around with it more and see if I can do any of the things that won't cost me anything.

Thank you guys for the replies. I appreciate you