New PC build since 2014 for occasional gaming

Hi, it's been almost 5 years since I bought my first gaming PC and I've decided it's time to get a new one.

50% of my day consists of watching youtube + twitch and the other half is working in Photoshop. I tend to boot up Battlefield 1 once every 2 months and this new build would be for occasional Battlefield V and maybe some other AAA games in the future. I'll be playing on a 1080p 60Hz monitor and maybe update to 1440p in the future

The price should be somewhere around as displayed above. I will now explain some of my decisions, what I don't want to change and some questions. Oh and btw, this build would now cost me 1700€, since I'm in Europe.

I want to keep the case, but if there's something similar in the same price range, with similar looks and better air flow, I'm all ears. I also want to keep the CPU cooler and the fans. I plan on sticking 2 of these Noctua fans on the radiator instead of the default NZXT ones and the other 2 for the case. I don't really need more storage and I could always just plug in the SSD from my current PC.

I chose 2 memory sticks instead of 4 because the NZXT cooler blocks the first slot, but I can deal with that. I chose RTX 2070 instead of 2060 to be "future-proof" I guess.
Now these are the questions I have:

1. Will my i5 CPU bottleneck the GPU?
  2. Should I go for 650W PSU instead of the 750 one?
  3. I know this case has a bad air flow, but is it that bad? 
  4. Since I'll put the radiator on the front of the case, I'm left with just 2 fans in the case, is that enough? Should I go for a case with 5 fan slots?

That would be all I guess, I'm looking forward to some more professional help from you guys, thanks a lot.

You need Z390 board if you want to go with 9600k. 

Do you really need that expensive SSD?

No ,i5 8600k/9600k won't bottleneck RTX2070

H500i is alright for this build.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

I would do something like this. 

If you want a case with better airflow then the Meshify is a good option.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€419.90 @ Alza) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC - Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler  (€33.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS ELITE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€185.01 @ Mindfactory) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€97.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Corsair - MP510 480 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (€93.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB Black Video Card  (€560.90 @ Alza) 
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C White TG ATX Mid Tower Case  (€89.90 @ Caseking) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€89.64 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €1571.05
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-19 18:15 CET+0100

5 minutes ago, onsomefuckery said:

In my experience, the Corsair LPX RAM has poor quality control. I had difficulties getting mine to work properly.

I would also highly recommend 3000Mhz RAM, G.Skill seems to be the best brand right now (especially in value, you can get G.Skill 3000Mhz for less than this Corsair 2666Mhz).

7 minutes ago, onsomefuckery said:

I'm assuming you have some old HDDs and/or SSDs to compliment this? 500GB isn't enough for most people these days. Also, if you want NVMe (assuming you do because photoshop), you can save money by not getting one of Samsung's Pro drives; the EVOs are just about as good for a decent bit less.

9 minutes ago, onsomefuckery said:

The H500 variant is a better deal. Gamer's Nexus despised the "i" version's "smart device." Case layout is the same, you just don't have a dumb fan controller; which you could easily get a better controller with what you save.

10 minutes ago, onsomefuckery said:

1. Will my i5 CPU bottleneck the GPU?
  2. Should I go for 650W PSU instead of the 750 one?
  3. I know this case has a bad air flow, but is it that bad? 
  4. Since I'll put the radiator on the front of the case, I'm left with just 2 fans in the case, is that enough? Should I go for a case with 5 fan slots?

1 - Not by much, if at all

2 - You could easily get by on 650W, depends on if you're looking to save money or not.

3 - With a water cooled CPU, your GPU is more likely to suffer from bad airflow.

4 - Should be enough, I would think. You seem pretty hard set on this case, but if you want good airflow get a Fractal Design Meshify C.

Primary PC: - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8G3tXv (Windows 10 Home)

HTPC: - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KdBb4n (Windows 10 Home)
Server: Dell Precision T7500 - Dual Xeon X5660's, 44GB ECC DDR3, Dell Nvidia GTX 645 (Windows Server 2019 Standard)      

*SLI Rig* - i7-920, MSI-X58 Platinum SLI, 12GB DDR3, Dual EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 in SLI - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GHw6vW (Windows 7 Pro)

HP DC7900 - Core 2 Duo E8400, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT (Windows Vista)

Compaq Presario 5000 - Pentium 4 1.7Ghz, 1.7GB SDR, PowerColor Radeon 9600 Pro (Windows XP x86 Pro)
Compaq Presario 8772 - Pentium MMX 200Mhz, 48MB PC66, 6GB Quantum HDD, "8GB" HP SATA SSD adapted to IDE (Windows 98 SE)

Asus M32AD - Intel i3-4170, 8GB DDR3, 250GB Seagate 2.5" HDD (converting to SSD soon), EVGA GeForce GTS 250, OEM 350W PSU (Windows 10 Core)

*Haswell Tower* https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3vw6vW (Windows 10 Home)

*ITX Box* - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/r36s6R (Windows 10 Education)

Dell Dimension XPS B800 - Pentium 3 800Mhz, RDRAM

In progress projects:

*Skylake Tower* - Pentium G4400, Asus H110

*Trash Can* - AMD A4-6300

*GPU Test Bench*

*Pfsense router* - Pentium G3220, Asrock H97m Pro A4, 4GB DDR3

10 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

You need Z390 board if you want to go with 9600k. 

Wouldn't BIOS update help with that?

10 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Do you really need that expensive SSD?

I guess I could go for the EVO version.

36 minutes ago, Eastman51 said:

In my experience, the Corsair LPX RAM has poor quality control. I had difficulties getting mine to work properly.

I would also highly recommend 3000Mhz RAM, G.Skill seems to be the best brand right now (especially in value, you can get G.Skill 3000Mhz for less than this Corsair 2666Mhz).

So unfortunately, the website I'll be ordering from doesn't have any 3000Mhz G.Skill RAM, but they do have 3200MHz, is that ok? It's not cheaper, but if you insist on Corsair being not so good, then I'll go for it. Is G.SKILL 16 GB KIT DDR4 3200 MHz CL16 Trident Z RGB Okay? (I can squeeze a few bucks for the RGB version).

37 minutes ago, Eastman51 said:

I'm assuming you have some old HDDs and/or SSDs to compliment this? 500GB isn't enough for most people these days. Also, if you want NVMe (assuming you do because photoshop), you can save money by not getting one of Samsung's Pro drives; the EVOs are just about as good for a decent bit less.

500GB is enough for me but I can just add the SSD from my current PC. I can go with the EVO version which is cheaper (no idea what's the difference between the PRO and EVO versions).

1 hour ago, Eastman51 said:

1 - Not by much, if at all

2 - You could easily get by on 650W, depends on if you're looking to save money or not.

3 - With a water cooled CPU, your GPU is more likely to suffer from bad airflow.

4 - Should be enough, I would think. You seem pretty hard set on this case, but if you want good airflow get a Fractal Design Meshify C.

Ok I'll get a 650W PSU. Which one should I get out of these? Seasonic Focus Plus 650 Gold, EVGA 650 GQ, EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G+ or Corsair TX650M?

You convinved me to go with Meshify C, but now I really don't know how to do the cooling system. 1x 120x120mm Noctua fan for the back, put the radiator on top and then how many fans should I get for the front?

21 hours ago, onsomefuckery said:

So unfortunately, the website I'll be ordering from doesn't have any 3000Mhz G.Skill RAM, but they do have 3200MHz, is that ok? It's not cheaper, but if you insist on Corsair being not so good, then I'll go for it. Is G.SKILL 16 GB KIT DDR4 3200 MHz CL16 Trident Z RGB Okay? (I can squeeze a few bucks for the RGB version).

If you can't get 3000Mhz, you can get 3200Mhz; it'll be slightly faster.

500GB is enough for me but I can just add the SSD from my current PC. I can go with the EVO version which is cheaper (no idea what's the difference between the PRO and EVO versions).

The Pro has slightly higher read/write speeds, but costs a little too much more imo. They might also have more TBW (TB of writes), but the EVOs are still good enough for years of use. 

Ok I'll get a 650W PSU. Which one should I get out of these? Seasonic Focus Plus 650 Gold, EVGA 650 GQ, EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G+ or Corsair TX650M?

Probably whichever is cheaper and/or you would rather get. The EVGA Super Novas are supposed to be good, I like my Focus Plus, and I believe the Corsair TX series are decent. You can consult the PSU Tier List for confirmation on which units are the best: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1045610-new-psu-tier-list/

You convinved me to go with Meshify C, but now I really don't know how to do the cooling system. 1x 120x120mm Noctua fan for the back, put the radiator on top and then how many fans should I get for the front?

I'd probably move the included fan from the rear to the front, keep the front mounted stock fan where it is, put that 120mm Noctua in the rear; and have your radiator as exhaust on the top. You could add another 120mm to the front, and put a 120mm on the bottom (for better airflow directed towards the GPU, but only if the PC will be on a solid surface rather than carpet or similar).

Sorry for the late reply.

Primary PC: - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8G3tXv (Windows 10 Home)

HTPC: - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KdBb4n (Windows 10 Home)
Server: Dell Precision T7500 - Dual Xeon X5660's, 44GB ECC DDR3, Dell Nvidia GTX 645 (Windows Server 2019 Standard)      

*SLI Rig* - i7-920, MSI-X58 Platinum SLI, 12GB DDR3, Dual EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 in SLI - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GHw6vW (Windows 7 Pro)

HP DC7900 - Core 2 Duo E8400, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT (Windows Vista)

Compaq Presario 5000 - Pentium 4 1.7Ghz, 1.7GB SDR, PowerColor Radeon 9600 Pro (Windows XP x86 Pro)
Compaq Presario 8772 - Pentium MMX 200Mhz, 48MB PC66, 6GB Quantum HDD, "8GB" HP SATA SSD adapted to IDE (Windows 98 SE)

Asus M32AD - Intel i3-4170, 8GB DDR3, 250GB Seagate 2.5" HDD (converting to SSD soon), EVGA GeForce GTS 250, OEM 350W PSU (Windows 10 Core)

*Haswell Tower* https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3vw6vW (Windows 10 Home)

*ITX Box* - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/r36s6R (Windows 10 Education)

Dell Dimension XPS B800 - Pentium 3 800Mhz, RDRAM

In progress projects:

*Skylake Tower* - Pentium G4400, Asus H110

*Trash Can* - AMD A4-6300

*GPU Test Bench*

*Pfsense router* - Pentium G3220, Asrock H97m Pro A4, 4GB DDR3