Multiple monitors with different resolutions

webguy

Hi.  I am building a gaming pc.  It will likely have an i9 9900k with a asus rog strix 2080 gpu.  I will mainly be playing competitive fps games like apex legends and pubg on it though I may play more games in the future.  I will also be streaming from the same pc I am gaming on to twitch and will be capturing video for youtube.  I will also use the computer for video editing and web design work.

I am planning to buy a 27" 1440p 165hz monitor.  My top choice right now is the PG278QR.  That will be the main monitor that I use for gaming and my main monitor when using the computer for things like video editing and web design work.  I also plan to use two 23" older dell monitors to the left and right of the 27" main monitor.  I plan to use these for more windows I would want open when playing games for things like obs and stream and social media stuff.  The two extra monitors are older and not 1440p and I would think they are 60hz or less and 1080p.  I think the model number is E2314H.  Would I be able to use those extra monitors in a different resolution than the main gaming monitor or would they bring down the performance of the main 27" 1440p monitor?  Would that put a strain on my system running those extra two monitors at a different resolution or is it even possible?  Thanks!  

Yeah you can use them ez pz.

Widows scaling sucks though so I'd recommend to use display fusion's free version and mess with the settings in there to accommodate for the resolution difference  

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

yeah it will work just fine but the hard part will be lining up properly with different resolution and screen size. As far as i know there is no way to specify display size in windows so it will assume all 1080p screens are the same size and your 1440p will be larger which may work for you since that is the case.

resolution alignment, it gets funky some times, even once you are use to different sized monitors and different resolutions.

my issue with different resolutions, is "text size", can be an issue, seeing text on main monitor just fine, but other monitor too small or to large. 

glare, sun, lights, etc.... and needing to sit just right to see all monitors clearly.

placement / mounting positions, it may not seem like much, but it can be a bigger issue.  wall mounting them all, pole mount them all, stack something under them to make at min bottoms of all screens same height. 

make sure monitors are in easy viewing distance!!! big issue, meaning, you are not needing to lean in hunch back trying to look at 1 of the monitors, or scoot to a side. as much as i do not want to say it, the large wide screen TVs have it going for them, in what is viewable within your eyes.  

going with monitor positions, having them adjustable up/down, angled adjustable easily, can help a lot, and make extra monitors useful, vs just eye candy junk that are not useful and taking up space. read (pay extra cash on good monitor mounts / tv mounts for the monitors).

double check on your video cables, cheap cables can cause some issues with bleeding between cables, causing colors off on monitors. primary reason is length of cable/s needed, but also cable shielding.