Laptop booting problems

earlier today, my laptop was working fine. I shut it down and left it unplugged. 

Just now when I tried to boot it up  (not plugged in) it just wouldn't boot. Then when I plugged it in it booted. However, after I got into Windows and did stuff for around 1 minute it just instantly shut

shut off. I tried again to go to the bios and the same thing happened but this time there was a very audible pop sound when it shut off. Anyone has any ideas of why it is shutting off? 

I already checked for overheating 

Did the 'pop' sound you described come from the speakers, or was it an electrical sort of 'pop'?  It might have sounded electrical, but I've experienced some speakers that would 'pop' when they're turned off (think of those old cassette recorders, or some subwoofers do that).

How old is your laptop?

What laptop is it? (i.e. Dell, HP, Lenovo, MSI, Asus, etc)

If it's a laptop where you can remove the battery, try removing the battery - one of the cells may have burst.

Plug it in and see if it boots.  If it does, Windows might give you a message as to the reason for the unexpected shutdown.

If it's refusing to turn on, I'm afraid it might be dead.

Whoever the manufacturer is, contact them, and if it's still under warranty they are obliged to fix it for free.