Which Graphics Card

Go to solution Solved by Vejnemojnen,
18 minutes ago, MichaelTheOne said:

Hey man

Thanks for replying. I live in New Zealand so new graphics cards cost a limb. What should I do?

Thanks

oh I see. 2nd hand is an option then, just make sure, it's not too expensive and still has 1.5-2years warranty on it.

And I'd consider RX-580 as well, about the same performance as 1060GTX, but generally much cheaper. The 1070 is a different category though.

almost new (like with 2.5 warranty left) RX-580 cards here cost around ~ 340 NZD, whereas 1070 is rare below 470 NZD (in my country at least..)

I want to build a PC soon but i just wana know the communities thought on which used graphics card to get (price to performance). 1060 6gb or 1070 8gb?

Thanks

10 series is expensive because theyre not in production anymore. you should be looking at 1660 vs 1660ti vs 2060, which is based on your resolution, refresh rate, games played, budget etc

Neither. Get a new 1660Ti.

2nd hand 1070 cost around 90-95% of new 1660ti, and the latter is newer, comes with 2-3year warranty& will have better driver support in the future, and gddr6 ram, so the slightly greater memory bandwith with the 1070 is not that all significant in practice.

1660ti

new.

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

4 minutes ago, Vejnemojnen said:

Neither. Get a new 1660Ti.

2nd hand 1070 cost around 90-95% of new 1660ti, and the latter is newer, comes with 2-3year warranty& will have better driver support in the future, and gddr6 ram, so the slightly greater memory bandwith with the 1070 is not that all significant in practice.

1660ti

new.

Hey man

Thanks for replying. I live in New Zealand so new graphics cards cost a limb. What should I do?

Thanks

18 minutes ago, MichaelTheOne said:

Hey man

Thanks

oh I see. 2nd hand is an option then, just make sure, it's not too expensive and still has 1.5-2years warranty on it.

And I'd consider RX-580 as well, about the same performance as 1060GTX, but generally much cheaper. The 1070 is a different category though.

almost new (like with 2.5 warranty left) RX-580 cards here cost around ~ 340 NZD, whereas 1070 is rare below 470 NZD (in my country at least..)

3 hours ago, Vejnemojnen said:

Just to add the 580 does better in a lot of games compared to the 1060. you can save even more money going for the 4gb model, since a card of its caliber won't use so much vram anyways

5 hours ago, _d0nut said:

Just to add the 580 does better in a lot of games compared to the 1060. you can save even more money going for the 4gb model, since a card of its caliber won't use so much vram anyways

I mostly agree. Heck, even 1060 3gb can perform well, because it uses vram very "economically" (smart). On 1920x1080\ 60Hz they are very capable cards. And if someone wants to keep VRAM use in check, without making strong compromise on appearence-graphics, it's enough to set filters from ultra to high.

Good point you've mentioned.