• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Justin CR

(HELP!) Be quiet! pure rock and i7 9700k

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I just recently built a gaming pc with an

RTX 2080 Strix OC and i7 9700k

and when i got into cooling i picked air cooler because im scared that the liquid cooler will fail and it’ll cost me more, but thats not the problem.

the problem here is im scared because i picked be quiet!’s pure rock and im scared that’ll my cpu will reach high temps and it’ll cause some damage. I’ll be running the i7 at stock and doing gaming. Will it be fine? Or do i need to save up and buy another cooler because this is my first time building a pc and im really scared since the components im working with are really expensive

Just now, alatron978 said:

You will be fine! :)

thank you for the reply! What temps do you think it’ll reach if im playing a game lets say GTA V on 1920x1080 all ultra settings for like 6 hours?

Just now, alatron978 said:

depends on frame rate, at 60fps you will most likely be getting 40-50C (amibient of 20C) which is fine.

Im playing on a 144hz monitor

As long as you don't push the voltage too high (corresponding to a clock speed of about 4.6-4.8ghz depending on silicon lottery I'd say) you should be fine. Safe temps are anything 85C or below.

55 minutes ago, hello_there_123 said:

As long as you don't push the voltage too high (corresponding to a clock speed of about 4.6-4.8ghz depending on silicon lottery I'd say) you should be fine. Safe temps are anything 85C or below.

Well im just going to let my system decide when to higher up the clock speed and when its going to limit it. I’ll try saving up for a noctua NH-D15 because apparently that is what everyone is going for.

13 minutes ago, Justin CR said:

I’ll try saving up for a noctua NH-D15 because apparently that is what everyone is going for.

No need if your temps are fine. Check to see what your load temps are.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Its the "better budget cooler". So everything is fine. You won't see high temps in gaming etc. And you can even get better temps without new cooler. Just set voltages to manual or adaptive. Intel has had this issue where CPU draws much more power than it actually needs when voltage control is left to automatic.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 3/17/2019 at 3:38 PM, Justin CR said:

I’ll try saving up for a noctua NH-D15 because apparently that is what everyone is going for.

For big tower cooler, I would get Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT instead of NH-D15, because of reasons..

NOCTURNAL BLACKOUT || Intel Core i7-8700K 5GHz (Delidded - TG Conductonaut) || Noctua NH-D15 + NA-HC4 Fully Black Chromaxed || MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || Corsair Vengeance LPX 16Gb (2x8Gb) DDR4 2666 C16 Black || EVGA GTX 1060 FTW2+ DT 6Gb || Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA 250Gb + WD 2.5" HDD 1Tb + Seagate Momentus 2.5" HDD 500Gb || Corsair TX650M || Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX TG Black + 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC 3000 Intake || ASUS VG248QE || Ducky One 2 Mini MX Silent Red || Roccat Tyon Black || Corsair HS50 Carbon