PSU Help!

mradr_45

Hello, so I recently have been considering upgrading my CPU from an AMD Fx-4300 Quad Core 3.8 GHz to a AMD Fx-8370 8 core 4 GHz. I was wondering if my PSU would be enough to handle it along with my GPU, which is a EVGA Nvidia GTX 950 FTW 2gb. My currently power supply is an EVGA 600W B1. I was wondering if I would be able to use the same PSU with the current graphics card as well as the new Fx-8370 CPU. Any thoughts or suggestions? I will leave complete specs down below. Much appreciated!

- MSI 760gm-p34(fx) Micro ATX

- EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 950 FTW 2gb

- 8 GB DDR3 Ram 

- AMD Fx-4300 3.8 GHz Quad Core AM3+

- EVGA 600 Watt Bronze 

- Toshiba 1 TB HDD

I have a 600 watt PSU with a i7 6700k and a 1080, both overclocked

You'll be fine

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

4 minutes ago, KING OF THE DIRTY DANS said:

You'll be fine

Thank you, I will try it out soon and if need be I guess I can always just buy the PSU. Just seeing what people would recommend. Thanks again.

6 minutes ago, KING OF THE DIRTY DANS said:

You'll be fine

Wattage isn't a problem. A good 400W supply is more than good enough.

The OP's PSU is shit, but their PC is equally as meh. I wouldn't replace their PSU now, and I wouldn't recommend them buying an 8-core piledriver CPU either. Save money and buy to buy a good platform.

3 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Wattage isn't a problem. A good 400W supply is more than good enough.

The OP's PSU is shit, but their PC is equally as meh. I wouldn't replace their PSU now, and I wouldn't recommend them buying an 8-core piledriver CPU either. Save money and buy to buy a good platform.

Thought about that too, just waiting and buying something better but I'm not sure about it quite yet. 

15 minutes ago, mradr_45 said:

Thought about that too, just waiting and buying something better but I'm not sure about it quite yet. 

Wait until Zen 2 (ryzen 3000) processors come out. Upgrade the motherboard, ram, CPU, power supply, get a SSD. If you're gaming then maybe a new GPU as well, but you can always continue using your existing gtx950 with the new system until you save up for a new card.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Wait until Zen 2 (ryzen 3000) processors come out. Upgrade the motherboard, ram, CPU, power supply, get a SSD. If you're gaming then maybe a new GPU as well, but you can always continue using your existing gtx950 with the new system until you save up for a new card.

That sounds like a good suggestion and probably my best bet, I was just thinking about the best I could do CPU wise with what i have now. I would love to upgrade to a bunch of higher end stuff but at the same time that is just too expensive of a build for my liking. Thanks for the suggestion. 

Ryzen 3000 will have low end stuff that will beat the high end piledriver stuff. You also have 3 or 4 months to save up before it's released.

Judging by current prices for something like a ryzen 2600, you're looking at about $350 for the CPU + motherboard + 16gb 3000mhz ddr4 memory. Add another $50 for a new power supply, and another $50 for a SSD as your boot drive.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Any suggestion for the motherboard and other things? As for the SSD I've heard good things about Samsung SSDs so I would probably go with that.