Windows changes color tones by itself

Verderex.

I don't know if "tones" is the right word to say this but let say it that way... 2 Days ago I got new monitor ViewSonic XG2401 and I spotted something .When There is darker app over desktop or over browser , app like Discord the colors are getting a bit more lighter into the background. When there is a light thing on the focus like opening a folder the things in the background becomes darker .. or sometimes lighter. It is different. I know its NOT from the monitor because I can clearly see the differences when I open Photoshop and use the ColorPicker. I also sent those to a friend to see if there is a difference and he confirmed that there is a difference in colors when another app is in focus. There are 2 images that I've tested on my desktop. When the window is over the desktop the hair of the girl on my wallpaper is lighter than the color when there is nothing but just a wallpaper on my desktop. Any idea what might cause that? I'm using Nvidia GPU and I haven't seen that before with my old monitor. Also that happens inside my Firefox browser. When the page is lighter lets say the bookmarks buttons down below the address are darker and when I open dark page they become a bit lighter than before.

unknown.png

unknown2.png

Just now, PrinceNorris said:

It's a normal thing. Nothing to worry about.

Yes , I know it is a normal thing but I'm a bit annoyed by it. Is there a way to turn it off?

2 minutes ago, PrinceNorris said:

I think it has to do with transparency. You can give it a try and disable it in Settings > Ease of Access > Turn off transparency

The transparency is off.  I found nothing in the Nvidia panel as well.

I see no difference in the two screen shots you posted. I bet its your monitor look in OSD and disable dynamic contrast/brightness settings?

Based on your description it is graphics card. You have dynamic contrast ratio enabled. Disable it, and your problem will be solved.

If you are on a laptop, and use Intel integrated graphics, make sure you have Intel's "Dynamic Display Power Saving Technology", which is Dynamic Contrast ratio, which you would think should work in reverse of the current behavior and control the LCD backlit, but the feature has been broken for a number of years and Intel has 0 interest in fixing it. Right now, its current behavior is identical to Dynamic Contrast Ratio.

53 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Based on your description it is graphics card. You have dynamic contrast ratio enabled. Disable it, and your problem will be solved.

If you are on a laptop, and use Intel integrated graphics, make sure you have Intel's "Dynamic Display Power Saving Technology", which is Dynamic Contrast ratio, which you would think should work in reverse of the current behavior and control the LCD backlit, but the feature has been broken for a number of years and Intel has 0 interest in fixing it. Right now, its current behavior is identical to Dynamic Contrast Ratio.

That was good guess. The problem is I don't know where that is located in the Nvidia Control panel. I'm on a desktop machine. I searched earlier but found nothing. I knew it has something to do with dynamic contrast or something of those lines but there was nothing related in the panel.

30 minutes ago, Verderex. said:

That was good guess. The problem is I don't know where that is located in the Nvidia Control panel. I'm on a desktop machine. I searched earlier but found nothing. I knew it has something to do with dynamic contrast or something of those lines but there was nothing related in the panel.

• Make sure your monitor is connected to the Nvidia graphics card, and not Intel integrated graphics.
  • Make sure Full Color is enabled (Nvidia Control Panel > Change resolution > Output Dynamic range option
  • Then in the Nvidia Control Panel, go each section and hit "Restore to default" (I am saying this, as the panel differs between graphics card and drivers version)
  • Also make sure that the colors (check each subsection) is set to "Full" color range and not "Limited"

If that does not help, then you have installed a program that plays with your colors. Uninstall it.

3 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:
  • Make sure your monitor is connected to the Nvidia graphics card, and not Intel integrated graphics.
  • Make sure Full Color is enabled (Nvidia Control Panel > Change resolution > Output Dynamic range option
  • Then in the Nvidia Control Panel, go each section and hit "Restore to default" (I am saying this, as the panel differs between graphics card and drivers version)
  • Also make sure that the colors (check each subsection) is set to "Full" color range and not "Limited"

If that does not help, then you have installed a program that plays with your colors. Uninstall it.

I have done all of that you said above. None of that helped. Also I don't have any program that is massing up with my colors.