Should I return this monitor?

Straight to the questions:

1. Is this normal bleed level for TN panel or model dell s2719dgf? (pictures 2 to 7)
  2. Should I return it and get another one or some other model?

More info:

• I have used manual mode while taking pictures and then compared them to the live seeing, they are at least 85% accurate to the in person viewing.
  • Nothing is as important to me as black levels. I just can't wait for micro led...
  • I had hp pavilion 32 and it was awesome in terms of blacks. Unfortunately 32" were just too much and it had terrible grainy matte finish.
  • Now I wanted to finally switch to 144hz, so naturally I wanted a VA panel. On the last picture you can see what I've got... Disaster...
  • I have not used TN in 7 years so I thought of giving it a try. Read that dell s2719dgf Is one of the best TN panels around so I bought it.
  • Resolution is like perfect for me with ~109ppi. 144Hz is amazing. Design and build are godly. Colors easily match my asus vc279h IPS which is beyond cool. It has gorgeous thin mate finish. Basically this monitor would be my dream one if the blacks were black. But that is not the case as you can see on pictures.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

20 years and they still can't beat tube in brightness and black levels even with $1k screens, just hilarious

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

s2719dgf-uniformity-large.jpg

"The black uniformity of the monitor is terrible. Backlight bleed is evident almost everywhere on the screen in our overexposed test image. Unfortunately, this is also noticeable in normal content, especially when displaying a uniform dark color background. Note that black uniformity is panel specific and will differ from unit to unit, but we have seen reports displaying similar uniformity."

Review from Rtings

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/dell/s2719dgf

As post above pointed out, this is likely goign to be present on any replacement you could get if u RMA.

The monitor simply has terrible black levels and unformity.

In the future make sure to find reviews that actualy go through the liteney of tests that can and should be done on a VDU to decern its worth.

Note: Finding a monitor that actualy scores well on uniformity and black levels is very hard, its not somthing that is very well QC'ed from manufactuers, even on high end models.

While rtings array of tested monitors is rather limited, of what they have tested even the best score for black uniformity is only 6.8/10

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/tests/picture-quality/black-uniformity

if black levels is important to you , you chose the worst possible panel type for it. TN has the worst black levels out ofthe 3 LCD types.

IPS is better but the best is VA but you then need ot ensure you get a 'fast' VA, with good response times otherwise u will notice significant ghosting.

Just going by rtings (again, limtied list of monitors reviewed). the best they have reviewed in terms of black unifromity , grey uniformity, and pixel response, whislt being 1440p and 144hz. is the LG 32GK850G. Its biggest issue however is viewing angles, so u wil need ot ensure you are position directly infront of it, and ensure it is level with ur eyes as black levels drop if viewed more than 10 degrees above or below.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |