help choosing psu

yosrii

Hi ,im looking to replace my noisy psu with a budget (less noise possible) one  i was about to get a masterwatt then i saw some decen amout ppl saying that it makes coil whine under heavy load so im really scared coz  im looking for a quiet one and there is not much choice here,  so the only 3  quiet  budget  power supplies i have to choose from are the : masterwatt 550//crosair vs550 // thermaltake smart rgb 500w or 600w .  i'm using an i5 7500/ gtx 1060 3gb and 12gb  of ram . i really appreciate any help 

What is your budget?

I would buy nothing below Gold PSU and only with modular cable management, none of your mentioned PSU have this.Maybe consider to get one of these? I can recommend Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 550 

26 minutes ago, Hip said:

What is your budget?

I would buy nothing below Gold PSU. I can recommend Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 550 

well the budget is not that tight but the choice is very limited i wanted to get a be quiet psu but the  lowest powerful one is 850w and it's expensive  i looked just now  for a seasonic and the  only one available *probably* is a 750w one and it's bit expensive ill check if they still have one in stock , but maybe help me choose from the  3 ones   that probably i'll end up getting one of them ://

34 minutes ago, yosrii said:

well the budget is not that tight but the choice is very limited i wanted to get a be quiet psu but the  lowest powerful one is 850w and it's expensive  i looked just now  for a seasonic and the  only one available *probably* is a 750w one and it's bit expensive ill check if they still have one in stock , but maybe help me choose from the  3 ones   that probably i'll end up getting one of them ://

Tbh I looked them all up and I'm not a fan of any of these. 

None have modular cable management which is a no for me. You will possibly end up by having some cables hanging around your case which you won't need.

Efficiency is also not great in these. I'd rather get something with Gold certification as I said before.

If you want to choose between those I would take Thermaltake only because I had good experience with the "Berlin" PSU years ago, but only because of that.

10 hours ago, yosrii said:

masterwatt 550//crosair vs550 // thermaltake smart rgb 500w or 600w .  i'm using an i5 7500/ gtx 1060 3gb and 12gb  of ram . i really appreciate any help 

All aren't great but the Master Watt might be the best of the bunch...

Any other options??

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

51 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

All aren't great but the Master Watt might be the best of the bunch...

Any other options??

silent ones  nope, tho im cheking if the Focus Gold 750w is available i might go for that even if it's bit expensive 

Can you give us a link to the stores you are choosing from? Would be easier that way.

10 hours ago, Hip said:

Tbh I looked them all up and I'm not a fan of any of these. 

None have modular cable management which is a no for me. You will possibly end up by having some cables hanging around your case which you won't need.

Efficiency is also not great in these. I'd rather get something with Gold certification as I said before.

If you want to choose between those I would take Thermaltake only because I had good experience with the "Berlin" PSU years ago, but only because of that.

How can you say that without knowing what models are available? Or do you mean the 3 ones listed in original post?

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

26 minutes ago, Quadriplegic said:

Can you give us a link to the stores you are choosing from? Would be easier that way.

How can you say that without knowing what models are available? Or do you mean the 3 ones listed in original post?

i  looked at all the stores here  there is  more models but  those are the only ones with silent fans and not so expensive, and ye  i guess he is talking about the 3 models i listed there

1 hour ago, Quadriplegic said:

I looked the 3 up that he mentioned.

2 hours ago, yosrii said:

i  looked at all the stores here  there is  more models but  those are the only ones with silent fans and not so expensive, and ye  i guess he is talking about the 3 models i listed there

Well, the only thing I can suggest is to look up available models at https://www.cybenetics.com/index.php?option=power-supplies. You can find fan RPM/noise level at certain loads

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

the only seasonic available is the focus 850w +gold quite expensive and  about double the watts i need for my pc but seems pretty quiet and high quality i might actually go for this one

Well, we sure as hell can't recommend you anything since we still don't have any idea what's available or any links to stores.

15 hours ago, OrionFOTL said:

Well, we sure as hell can't recommend you anything since we still don't have any idea what's available or any links to stores.

i got an rm650i today  i plugged it in into the wall to do the fan test before putting it in my pc but nothing happening the fan not moving at all should i plug it in the motherboard or smth before doing the fan test ?