First build attempt in 17 years. What are your thoughts?

SgtFaceplant

This is my first attempt building a show worthy system. See more photos and description here: https://imgur.com/a/IjolViE

TL;DR:

• Lian Li o11 Dynamic White Intel

• 8600k Overclocked to 4.8ghz

• Asus Z370 Prime-A

• 16GB of Corsair Vengence White LED RAM

• Asus Strix GTX 1070

• 256GB Samsung EVO 960 NVME

• 1TB Patriot SSD

• Asus Wifi card

• Corsair H100i v2 upgraded with 2x ML120 RGB fans for top exhaust

• 2x ML120 Non-RGB fans for bottom intake

• 3x ML120 RGB fans for side exhaust

• Corsair Light Controller for all 5 RGB fans

• Corsair Commander Pro

• 3x Asus Adressable RGB strips

• 1x Cablemod 60cm Addressable RGB strip

• 1x Asus ROG Adressable RGB Controller

• Cablemod Pro White PSU extension cables (24 pin, 8 pin EPS, 6 pin PCIe)

3cai27bxcnf21.jpg

Sick

just-perfect-5b6030.jpg

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

I can dig it. 

Your fan arrangement is VERY heavy on the exhaust though, which will draw dust into the system at every nook and cranny. I like the directed air at the 1070 coming in the bottom. However, with the tripple 120mm intake and dual 120mm radiator exhausts, I would probably just pull both of those out.

Absolutely gorgeous! Performance should be as good as it looks too, the 8600K I had at 5Ghz (on the same mobo too) stomped gaming with a 1080 Ti or SLI 1080s, never seemed to choke in my testing. From everything I've seen games don't scale much past 6 cores so for pure gaming it's the sweet spot.

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

10 minutes ago, RobFRaschke said:

I can dig it. 

Your fan arrangement is VERY heavy on the exhaust though, which will draw dust into the system at every nook and cranny. I like the directed air at the 1070 coming in the bottom. However, with the tripple 120mm intake and dual 120mm radiator exhausts, I would probably just pull both of those out.

Ive not seen any significant difference in low/high pressure setups.  Also, the rads will flow significantly less air per fan compared to the bottom "free air" fans.

@PopsicleHustler Thanks! It was a year in the making from first assemble to final realization. Most of that was just not know what I wanted to do with it.

@RobFRaschke I have the 3 fans on the side for aesthetic reasons mostly. I hate the big gap in the case with no way to close it. I had the 240mm radiator there for a while but the gaps so annoyed me a switched it. This is a passion project as I enjoy building and I saw this is a design/tech challenge. I have no issue dusting out the case frequently since the o11 is easy to pull apart.

@Zando Bob Thanks! What settings were you running to get to 5Ghz? I am an absolute novice when it comes to overclocking so I'm sad to admit mine was achieved through the Asus auto setting. I want to get more in depth with it but at this point it would just be for vanity's sake. I don't need more power.

@KarathKasun I'd be lying if I said that was my idea too about the rad but alas I did not think about that when laying out the airflow.

1 hour ago, KarathKasun said:

Ive not seen any significant difference in low/high pressure setups.  Also, the rads will flow significantly less air per fan compared to the bottom "free air" fans.

Any difference in dust accumulation, or in temperatures? If you mean temperatures, you're absolutely right, within the margin for error on almost any set-up. If you mean dust, there is significant, non-anecdotal evidence otherwise, in even less significant situations than 5 exhaust fans vs 2 intake.

1 hour ago, SgtFaceplant said:

@RobFRaschke I have the 3 fans on the side for aesthetic reasons mostly. I hate the big gap in the case with no way to close it. I had the 240mm radiator there for a while but the gaps so annoyed me a switched it. This is a passion project as I enjoy building and I saw this is a design/tech challenge. I have no issue dusting out the case frequently since the o11 is easy to pull apart.

Absolutely fair enough! and I do really like the cleanliness of it! Now, come one though, let's see with the rear panel off.

Just now, RobFRaschke said:

Any difference in dust accumulation, or in temperatures? If you mean temperatures, you're absolutely right, within the margin for error on almost any set-up. If you mean dust, there is significant, non-anecdotal evidence otherwise, in even less significant situations than 5 exhaust fans vs 2 intake.

The only major difference I have seen is with wildly imbalanced setups, like all intake and no exhaust or all exhaust and no intake.

Keep in mind that this setup is more like a 3-out/2-in configuration due to the restriction of the rads+grilles on the exhausts.