SSD Troubles

Budgetgamer04

Hello, i am having trouble with an SSD that I was given from a friend who said that it just "stopped working". I can get the SSD to work in my laptops hard drive caddy so I can access the files and whatnot, so I formatted it and then proceeded to put it in the main hard drive slot of my laptop to see if I can reinstall windows, it said that windows could not be installed, as it just listed the drive with unallocated space, i tried to create a partition primary in diskpart after cleaning the drive, which it just said it couldn't find the files specified. I then tried to partition it on windows after reinstalling it in the hard drive and then proceeded to put it in the main compartment again, with still no luck. Any chance anyone could help me on this? Thank you!

Could potentially be the controller on the SSD failing. Although, I've had issue with Windows not wanting to install on perfectly good drives that eventually did work. When it says it won't install, does it throw up any error codes? Try plugging in just that drive and try any combination of formatting the drive and erasing it or whatever the windows installer calls it. I've tried that a few times and eventually it works

1 hour ago, Mr. Brovahkiin said:

Could potentially be the controller on the SSD failing. Although, I've had issue with Windows not wanting to install on perfectly good drives that eventually did work. When it says it won't install, does it throw up any error codes? Try plugging in just that drive and try any combination of formatting the drive and erasing it or whatever the windows installer calls it. I've tried that a few times and eventually it works

it doesn't really throw any error codes, the only code i have seen  is one where you have to manually partition the drive on diskpart and that didn't work, so i may try just doing that. if it doesn't work i have another ssd on the way, so its more of an inconvenience if it doesn't work.