Strange boot loop

Brodie26

Hey everyone I've had my PC for a bit over half a year now and it's been great and running perfectly until a week ago where I turned it off Monday night, then on Tuesday I tried to turn it back on again and it would go into a boot loop. Once it went through the cycle where it would turn off I cut the power waited for all the LED's to turn off then I turn the power back on and try again and about when it would normally turn off and start the loop the normal screen comes up but then soon after switches to another screen saying it's posted in safe mode (pictures provided) then I press F1 to open the bios where I can manually launch windows by going into Boot Menu. I've read some of the other forums about this and they all say it might be something like RAM isn't seated properly but I don't think this is the problem seeing as it boots the second time and reads that both stick are there. It also seems to have a problem turning off where the screens will turn off and it sounds like the CPU has turned off but the lights and fans stay on and just keeps running until I hold the power button down.

20190217_171207.jpg

20190217_171330.jpg

20190217_171339.jpg

mine did the same, it would start the 2nd time but ram was detected, as you mentioned, reseat the ram and try it anwyay

CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.4 GHz | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333MHz | GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB 

Very very strange, I have the identical AMD equivalent to your board (mine is X370-F Gaming) and mine did the exact same thing as yours only a few weeks ago.

I put mine down to a hardware change as I had installed a new GPU when it started and after speaking with Asus support twice about the issue we concluded it was more than likely a UEFI bug causing it.

What's even stranger is it stopped doing it after around a week without me doing anything. Obviously I tried moving and reseating RAM and moving and reseating the GPU but neither did anything then one day I woke up, switched on my PC and it just worked and it's continued to work normally ever since.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Wow ok i'm glad yours is working again hopefully mine does the same thing