Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GabenJr

The AMAZING $30 "Computer Case"!

OK I have a big question. when I go to Taobao I see the price as

¥98.00-128.00 

then that translates on google to $0.89 - $1.16 US dollars. Why is that price so low? Is it wrong? I was checking other parts of the site and if that translation on google is correct I can buy a GTX 1060 6g for about $10 ?? What am I missing here? Can I not use Japanese hardware or something? I must be missing SOMETHING?? Please any help here to help me spin my head on straight.

EDIT: nevermind I figured it out google was using the japaneese yen not the chineese money

Edited by supafiya
6 minutes ago, supafiya said:

¥98.00-128.00 

then that translates on google to $0.89 - $1.16 US dollars. Why is that price so low? Is it wrong? I was checking other parts of the site and if that translation on google is correct I can buy a GTX 1060 6g for about $10 ?? What am I missing here? Can I not use Japanese hardware or something? I must be missing SOMETHING?? Please any help here to help me spin my head on straight.

You sure you're not missing a decimal there? I know some countries (the punk ass ones) use a comma instead of a decimal and that can confuse people.

TaoBao probably just doesn't realise that Japan doesn't use a hundreths system(cents) like a lot of countries, and thinks that 1 Yen is about 1 "Dollar", when it's closer to "One Cent".

4 hours ago, supafiya said:

¥98.00-128.00 

EDIT: nevermind I figured it out google was using the japaneese yen not the chineese money

How much was it and is it a pain to order?