QC 25 Bluetooth Adapter

Slottr

I have a pair of QC25's but also run with an iPhone X, the cord and dongle get in the way and am looking for a possible bluetooth adapter rather than a new pair of headphones. Is the Airmod adapter a decent solution? Any other alternatives I can look at (In Canada)? 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

I use my QC25s in the machine shop, and that wire had to GO.  I ended up with the BTunes receiver rather than the Airmod one, for one very important reason.

The Airmod version recharges via the audio plug, so you have to take them off of the headphones to recharge them.  Thus, you cannot use them while charging, you have to have an extremely non-standard adapter to charge them, and they have to come off of the headphones a lot.  I've seen negative reviews of them stating that the connector broke off when removing the receiver to charge it, bricking the headphones.  Seems there's just not a pair of needle nose long, thin and strong enough to pull that plug out from that curiously deep socket.

The BTunes are a few Yankee bribe dollars more expensive and sightly bulkier, but they've got a standard USB micro-B plug on the bottom.  You can charge them while installed on the headphones, even while they're in use.  They use the same Micro-B plug as my (hilariously outdated) Android phone, no additional cables, and no frequent need to remove them, so not as much stress/wear and tear on the plug, thus less likely to fail.  Being an Android user, I can't say what your experience on iPhone has been/will be.  Using the inline controls on the QC25, I could play, pause, skip forward and back, and turn the volume up and down.  The BTunes phones have volume buttons, but it doesn't work the volume on the phone, it works its own internal volume.  Play/Pause works, but the double/triple click for skip forward/back doesn't.  Given I mainly listen to Youtube videos, and those controls basically didn't work with the Youtube app anyway, I can live with that transgression.  Sound quality isn't noticeably different than using the cable, not to my defective ears anyway.  I have seen an occasional lag in audio playback when using my computer if I switch from any other audio output (headphone jack, internal speakers) to Bluetooth while the audio is running.  I suspect this is Linux's fault, not the headphone receiver.  Curse you, Torvalds! *Shakes fist impotently*

39 minutes ago, captain_aggravated said:

Ah okay I see! How long does it last you on one charge?

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Ah okay I see! How long does it last you on one charge?

I haven't actually run it all the way flat yet, or even heard a battery warning.  I've run it for at least 4 hours once before recharging.  I'll time it and get back to you.

14 minutes ago, captain_aggravated said:

I haven't actually run it all the way flat yet, or even heard a battery warning.  I've run it for at least 4 hours once before recharging.  I'll time it and get back to you.

Nah it's all good! I usually charge every night and don't listen for longer than 3-4 hours so that's perfect. I'll try and order from Amazon.com. thanks!

That's where I got mine.  Full disclosure, I've owned mine since mid-December, so I can't speak as to how long it'll last.