How much to tighten ek velocity

Go to solution Solved by Semper,

Unless you've modified the bracket or retention hardware in some way that's not to EK spec, yes. The springs will apply the proper tension on the cooler when the thumbnuts are bottomed out.

Hi!

quick question before I knock out for the night, am I supposed to bottom out the thumb nuts for the water block as it says in the manual? I don’t wanna apply unnecessary pressure.

Night!

Unless you've modified the bracket or retention hardware in some way that's not to EK spec, yes. The springs will apply the proper tension on the cooler when the thumbnuts are bottomed out.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

5 hours ago, Semper said:

Ooo, coolio. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't putting too much pressure on it.

Thanks!