CPU cooling Upgrade

MattUCLA

I'm thinking about upgrading my CPU cooling so I can Moderately over clock, any suggestions for me? Best bang for my buck? I'm looking to try and keep like around $40-50 or less. And suggestions will help. Thank you :)

Hyper 212? i think thats a pretty decent cooler

What's the CPU? I'd personally go with the CM 212 evo.

Cooler Master Hyper 612

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=70276&vpn=RR-H612-20PK-R3&manufacture=COOLERMASTER

This cooler is propbably going to be your best choice.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I would go for the Cooler Master Hyper 612 aswell, but you should consider that the cooler is quite tall (163 mm), make shure that it fits in your case, We also dont know what Cpu you have, so make shure you have one of theese sockets AM2/AM3, AM3+, 775, 1155, 1156, 1366, 2011.

I have an intel i5 2500k, sorry 4got to mention that.

I've got an Antec H2O 620 on mine and its a very impressive cooler. quiet too. i was able to overclock very well with it.

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

Id say save up a little more and wait for a sale on the Noctua NH-D14

Nothing beats a NH-D14 but yeah if you have a micro atx cabinet, it just wont fit :(

Hi I am not a forum nazi but this should of been posted in the air cooled channel. Hope you get the answer you are after.

I'm thinking about upgrading my CPU cooling so I can Moderately over clock' date=' any suggestions for me? Best bang for my buck? I'm looking to try and keep like around $40-50 or less. And suggestions will help. Thank you :)[/quote']

I overclocked my AMD FX 6100 6 core to 4ghz and with the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo the highest it's been is 25c under heavy load when 3D rendering so it's really good for the price and I don't even hear it in my HAF X case.

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=64385&vpn=RR-212E-20PK-R2&manufacture=COOLERMASTER

I agree with the general consensus here, the 2500k doesn't get as hot as Ivy Bridge so you could get a moderate overlock with a Hyper 212, but I would definitely recommend a Noctua NH-D14 if the budget will stretch!

You were a noob once too!

Hi Matt. I have a CM Hyper 212+ and 2500k. I have overclocked my CPU to 4.2GHz and its voltage is set at 1.31V. After a 3-4hr gaming session, the temperature ends up in the mid-50s or slightly lower. I'm sure I could set the voltage higher and try for a higher CPU speed but I don't really feel like tweaking with its settings anymore. The cooler is very good for a budget cooler but it was a bit of a pain to install by myself so get a friend or family member to help hold it in place while you screw in the front 4 springy screws that hold it in place. When I redid the thermal compound months later, I screwed in the heatsink myself and it was a painstaking process in comparison.

I got my 2600K up to 4.6 with the Hyper 212+. Great cooler for sure.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

Hyper 212 EVO, it's a bit better at transferring heat away from the CPU than it's 212+ brother.

Field agent from the Ministry of Stop It. Now stop it!

Hyper 212 EVO' date=' it's a bit better at transferring heat away from the CPU than it's 212+ brother.[/quote']

The difference is so small that the price was not worth it :P but igot my evo on sale so it was the same price of a +

The Hyper 212 Evo offers great cooling at a consumer friendly price. It's a fantastic choice if you're not looking for something high end. Basically, the 212 offers the best price to performance ratio.

I agree with everyone who says 212

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

The Hyper 212 Evo is an amazing cooler for its price, but if you don't mind spending a little bit more money, i really recommend the Noctua NH-D14 it's an amazing air cooler but is a bit more pricey.

I have a hyper 212 evo, with akasa viper 120mm fans in push/pull. my 2500k at 4.5ghz (1.36v, yes i have the worst chip on the planet). my cpu reaches 72°C on the hottest core on prime95 small ffts. It's a great cooler for the price.

A good air cooler, something according to a Hyper 212 Plus, great cooler in my mind!

MEH