help!! sound card and 7.1 home theater with dolby atmos and dts on pc for games and movies???

Go to solution Solved by F900EX,

GTX 1080 ti aorus <<< other than your 7.1 system this all u need. I have a similar setup using a Dolby Atmos Onkyo receiver. HDMI cable > 1080ti > receiver select game mode then configure your windows 10 sound setup, select AV receiver and your good to go. Most of these guys above don't have a clue so take it from someone whos been using a similar setup for many years that you want....I have had no issues and it works great. 

On 2/8/2019 at 12:14 AM, CharminUltraStrong said:

That's not what atmos is. It's not "Sound from above" it adds a HEIGHT effect, my god.

Ehm... Atmos is both, height and sound from above.

I don't know what's your problem here. You say that at a desk the speakers would be too close. I had a 5.1.2 Setup with a Denon X4100 at my desk and it worked good.

Next: What BS are you saying about "The set has no upfiring speakers, so he must mount two under the ceiling, but that doesn't work with Atmos"? Mate: Atmos was meant to work with ceiling mounted speakers. Have you been at a cinema and looked up? Have you seen the two rows of downfacing speakers mounted up there? Those upfiring speakers for home use are just garbage. Direct firing speakers mounted the same way as in a cinema produce a way better sound field. You won't have any seperation, because the decoder calculates the sound for the setup. Before calling others out, you should read Dolby's whitepapers and manuals on how Atmos works and should be installed.