Hacking Nvidia's Drivers!

1 hour ago, Pavlogal said:

Link to NVFlash with ID mismatch disabled

I tried it does not work - GPU mismatch.

In this version, not all checks are patched, I patched more. There is a 3 checks: GPU mismatch, Board ID mismatch and PCI ID mismatch + timeout (you just don’t have enough time to press Y (yes) for each of the three checks - the video card will interrupt the process by timeout, so I also patched the request "press Y to bypass" :D)

It still doesn't work. The final decision is made by the video chip. You need a hardware programmer.

8 hours ago, dartraiden said:

In this version, not all checks are patched, I patched more. There is a 3 checks: GPU mismatch, Board ID mismatch and PCI ID mismatch + timeout (you just don’t have enough time to press Y (yes) for each of the three checks - the video card will interrupt the process by timeout, so I also patched the request "press Y to bypass" :D)

It still doesn't work. The final decision is made by the video chip. You need a hardware programmer.

Sounds interesting, I would like to get my hands on one of those P104's myself and try flashing it with a programmer, sounds fun ?

Is there any programmer you recommend that you know works with Pascal BIOS chips?

42 minutes ago, dartraiden said:

CH341a for example

Just to confirm, is this the BIOS chip?

20200115_130245.jpg

do you guys having this same problem as mine ?

the drivers were fully installed, and it shows P106 100 in device manager already, but in graphic settings, if the intel driver is installed, the options were always the hd graphics. but if i dont have the intel driver isntalled, the P106 IS THERE. Blender 3d works just fine and even it detects p106 as an compute device too, but the moment i tried opening games (bf1), they wanna the intel driver atleast installed to run the game. yeah the problem is here, if the intel driver installed and enabled, now kt will only detect my Hd graphics, either power saving or hi performance options

my specs are i7 2700k, asus z68 vpro gen 3, 8gigs, P106 100 6gb from inno3d if im not mistaken

On 1/14/2020 at 11:29 PM, Pavlogal said:

If someone has an ASUS P104-100 please try something out for me to see if it works. I think I might have found a solution to completely unlocking P104 and basically turning it into a 1080 with 8 GB of VRAM and PCIe 3.0 x16 and everything but I cannot guarantee anything. Apparently it uses the same PCB as ASUS GTX 1080 TURBO, has the same specs except a lot of stuff is disabled in the BIOS so it would make sense for it to work like a 1080 with a 1080 Turbo BIOS. Someone already tried this 1 year ago but got ID mismatch error. Meanwhile, a version of nvflash was released that automatically bypasses that restriction and flashes it anyways allowing to flash different vendor BIOS with different settings. People have been using this to flash OC'd AIB RTX BIOSes with higher power limit to their FE cards and such.

First backup your current VBIOS, in case something goes wrong or you want to reverse back to it. Then flash a GTX 1080 Turbo VBIOS onto it BUT using NVFlash with ID mismatch disabled. If it flashes sucessfully you'll have to reinstall drivers and then check if it behaves like a 1080, if it doesn't you can flash back to original BIOS if you want. Please tell me about the results, I am curious to know wether it works or not, and if it doesn't, what errors does it have so I get an idea what to do next.

Here is the link to ASUS GTX 1080 TURBO BIOS: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/186184/asus-gtx1080-8192-160601

Link to NVFlash with ID mismatch disabled: https://www.techpowerup.com/download/nvidia-nvflash-with-board-id-mismatch-disabled/

Link to tutorial on how to use NVFlash with ID mismatch disabled:

https://www.overclockersclub.com/guides/how_to_flash_rtx_bios/

Wow sounds really interresting!

If i have some cash left over i would like to try it. 

But if i recall it right the p104-100 just uses pcie x 4. So it doesn't work really well. 

But I can try to Flash my p106-100 to a gtx 1060 bios and try to get the newest drivers working. 

Also this makes me think. 

All the cheap 40 dollar fake chines gpus are also flashed and can use the newest drivers.

so after reading this lot of discussion, knowing that hardware before haswell will need windows 7 to be able to game om p106. im going to try the win7 ones, but which driver for windows 7 should i download?

23 hours ago, ichbins said:

Wow sounds really interresting!

If i have some cash left over i would like to try it. 

But if i recall it right the p104-100 just uses pcie x 4. So it doesn't work really well. 

It wont work, dartraiden tried it up there and it didnt work. Apparently even NVFlash with ID mismatch disabled is unable to bypass GPU mismatch, it is prevented by the GPU itself as a security measure for not getting bricked by being flashed a different GPU BIOS, just like you cant just flash a GTX 1080 Ti BIOS on a GTX 970 no matter what. Nvidia was really clever by making the BIOS so it doesn't just accept the 1080 BIOS like its own but only the ones for P104. In fact, all other limitations (half the VRAM, PCIe 1.1 x4, no video output) are made to prevent people from buying cheap mining cards and using them for gaming, thus making them lose money. And those limitations are carefully picked because they don't hurt mining performance but they make it impossible to game.

Currently the only way to do this is by directly flashing it to the BIOS chip using a hardware programmer as dartraiden suggested in his reply to me.

I ordered the GPU today and the programmer yesterday so I will update you guys on the results once they arrive. Who knows, maybe ebay will soon be flooded with 1080-turned P104's....

On 4/2/2019 at 4:04 AM, janmaier27 said:

Got it fixed now, works pretty good. Its kind of odd having no primary screen, but with "Fullscreenizer" and "Double Monitor" for the taskbar+forcing windowed games to borderless window its good.

Ill use this as my second gaming rig now with my OCed 3770k@4.5GHz, getting good performance almost in every game by now. Wish i had an Haswell+ though, but comparible performance to my 3770k is expensive and i dont want my 3770k capable of 5.0GHz sold either...

when you choose dropdown on the virtual screen, did some of them shows "P106 100" name directly or just VGA and Mobile PC Display?  mine just show up like that. and cant even run BF1 with the virtual monitor thingy

On 1/17/2020 at 3:29 PM, Pavlogal said:

It wont work, dartraiden tried it up there and it didnt work. Apparently even NVFlash with ID mismatch disabled is unable to bypass GPU mismatch, it is prevented by the GPU itself as a security measure for not getting bricked by being flashed a different GPU BIOS, just like you cant just flash a GTX 1080 Ti BIOS on a GTX 970 no matter what. Nvidia was really clever by making the BIOS so it doesn't just accept the 1080 BIOS like its own but only the ones for P104. In fact, all other limitations (half the VRAM, PCIe 1.1 x4, no video output) are made to prevent people from buying cheap mining cards and using them for gaming, thus making them lose money. And those limitations are carefully picked because they don't hurt mining performance but they make it impossible to game.

Currently the only way to do this is by directly flashing it to the BIOS chip using a hardware programmer as dartraiden suggested in his reply to me.

I ordered the GPU today and the programmer yesterday so I will update you guys on the results once they arrive. Who knows, maybe ebay will soon be flooded with 1080-turned P104's....

I have read that you can force flash it while u are in dos mode. 

On 1/17/2020 at 4:12 PM, Ax. said:

so after reading this lot of discussion, knowing that hardware before haswell will need windows 7 to be able to game om p106. im going to try the win7 ones, but which driver for windows 7 should i download?

417.22-desktop-win7-64bit-international-whql

use Ultramon to switch between screens

On 1/16/2020 at 7:20 AM, Ax. said:

do you guys having this same problem as mine ?

the drivers were fully installed, and it shows P106 100 in device manager already, but in graphic settings, if the intel driver is installed, the options were always the hd graphics. but if i dont have the intel driver isntalled, the P106 IS THERE. Blender 3d works just fine and even it detects p106 as an compute device too, but the moment i tried opening games (bf1), they wanna the intel driver atleast installed to run the game. yeah the problem is here, if the intel driver installed and enabled, now kt will only detect my Hd graphics, either power saving or hi performance options

my specs are i7 2700k, asus z68 vpro gen 3, 8gigs, P106 100 6gb from inno3d if im not mistaken

Managed to run p106-100 in Windows10 1903 in on Sandy bridge 2600k on a asrock z77 board finally.

Steps taken:

1. Install W10 1903 and disable all windows updates.

2. Install all required drivers including vanilla 417.22 driver for nvidia and intel. Restart.

3. Apply registry hack to enable directx for p106-100. Restart.

4. Open device manager and uninstall the intel igpu driver and restart after uninstall. This should show Microsoft basic display adapter after restart.

5. Go to start and open Graphics setting and add game exe as like haswell or newer gen processors but the difference is you select the only available p106-100 as High performance card.

6. Run the game. The game will be very slow but it will run.

7. Go to graphics settings and make it borderless window. as long as it is in fullscreen mode it will not be able to use the card properly. If borderless is not available then just turn off full screen and use Fullscreenizer software to make it full screen.

And now friends you now have P106-100 running in your 2nd/3rd gen intel. 

And to those who said that this is not possible, I will say to you: "Don't discourage a pathfinder fearing that he cant find the path like you, cause you will lose the chance to see that path be opened before you."
NEVER EVER CHANGE WINDOWS TO ANY OTHER VERSION AS WINDOWS ITSELF BREAKS THE CHANCE TO DO THIS IN OTHER VERSIONS.

Games that I ran:

Battlefield 1, NFSH, NFSPB, AC Origins, Middle Earth Shadow of War(this one doesn't work, always capped at 10 fps).

Wow!

Really great!

Its awesome to come back here and see some progress.

Btw.

I mountet an old gpu fan and bracket to my p106-100.

It really works great and silent. 

I needed to change the fan because one of my original dual fans stoped working properly. 

IMAG1932.jpg

IMAG1933.jpg

On 1/18/2020 at 8:32 PM, ichbins said:

I have read that you can force flash it while u are in dos mode. 

Latest NVFlash for DOS is nvflash 5.163  this version does not support 10-series

On 1/15/2020 at 1:43 AM, dartraiden said:

Dartraiden, do you think that programming the chip using a hardware programmer would work on the P106? The main goal would be to be able to use the video output of the card and use it hassle-free on Win 7.

Any chance the opensource linux drivers could be used for p106 gaming? Have an inno3d p106-100 this is my first graphics card, so i have no expirence, and heard the proprietary drivers are hard to install in linux ubuntu.

main rig:

CPU: 8086k @ 4.00ghz-4.3 boost

PSU: 750 watt psu gold (Corsair rm750)

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

Mobo: Z390 taichi ultimate

Ram: 2x8gb corsair vengence lpx @3000mhz speed

case: focus G black

Cooler: mugen 5 rev b,

Storage: 860 evo 1tb/ 120 gb corsair force nvme 500

backup

8gb ram celeron laptop/860 evo 500gb

is there any way we can use two p106-100 on one system?

The original 1060 6gb/ non-p106 can only sli via an sli hack. to hack a hack would already be unlikely to work, and i doubt it will cause it'd be tripple. regular p106 is essentually hybrid graphics of p106, and integrated. so Look if its possible to laptop sli. if it is, then possibly. if not no. @Saumil

main rig:

CPU: 8086k @ 4.00ghz-4.3 boost

PSU: 750 watt psu gold (Corsair rm750)

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

Mobo: Z390 taichi ultimate

Ram: 2x8gb corsair vengence lpx @3000mhz speed

case: focus G black

Cooler: mugen 5 rev b,

Storage: 860 evo 1tb/ 120 gb corsair force nvme 500

backup

8gb ram celeron laptop/860 evo 500gb

I'm trying to get a ZOTAC p106-90 to work on my pc.I have a Ryzen 3 3200g,Asrock a320m HDV 4.0.Ive done the registry hack and installed driver version 417.22 and I'm running Windows 10 1903.But when I open device manager,the p106 has an error beside it and says error 43 it also doesn't show up as a high performance GPU.Any help?

On 11/12/2019 at 1:32 AM, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

Im doing this on a ryzen based system on Windows 1903 :o Still working for me. Should i be worried about the future?
I hope I won't get trouble out of the card, finally got it running. 
Else it was a stupid decission and I should've just gone with an RX 580

I'm also running a Ryzen system (3200g) but I keep on bumping into code 43 whenever I install any version of the driver,Is there a way u could help me with it