best way to soundproof a room?

gta6287

So I just finished renovating an unused room in my house and turn it into my bedroom a few weeks ago. But problem is every time i make a noise, like talking for example, everyone can hear my voice from outside of my room(vice versa) and i can even hear my neighbours talking from outside of my room/house(since our houses are not too far apart), So my plan is to soundproof my room so my voice stays inside of my room and vice versa. I did a research on the internet and using the acoustic foam MIGHT solve the problem. But I'm not sure since my bedroom's windows are using this type of window where you can open and close it using some kind of lever. So does anyone have an idea how to soundproof my room? Does acoustic foam work? Or do I need to replace the window?

< ̄`ヽ、       /  ̄ >

ゝ、  \ /⌒ヽ,ノ   /´

ゝ、 ( ( ͡◉ ͜> ͡◉) /

>     ,ノ

sorry for my bat englandski

egg cartons are cheap but effect material for reducing echos. lower frequency cant help much as they need to be absorb by wall.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

10 minutes ago, zassou said:

egg cartons are cheap but effect material for reducing echos. lower frequency cant help much as they need to be absorb by wall.

those will work against outside noise? might go for acoustic foam if it does

< ̄`ヽ、       /  ̄ >

ゝ、  \ /⌒ヽ,ノ   /´

ゝ、 ( ( ͡◉ ͜> ͡◉) /

>     ,ノ

sorry for my bat englandski

probably wont. as the noise is conducted through the wall. neither acoustic foam nor egg cartons absorbs sound well, they just limit the times soundwave reflects on the material by iregular shape and soft surface.

for real sound absorbsion you'll need to redo the wall surface, take out the drywall and put glasswool or other insulating material inside.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

Carpets are a “cost effective” way to dampen sound on large surfaces. 

Open wooden planks like in traditional theatres also work. 

• 4 weeks later...

Not cost effective but butyl.

6 minutes ago, Bangert said:

Have no other choice but soundproof my room with carpets, door curtains, bookcase.

You could just do what a lot of other people do and wear noise cancelling headphones?