Wacom touch screen driver issue (lenovo yoga 720-15.6)

FoxAxe

So, during my winter break when I didn't use my laptop pretty much at all. I'm guessing Windows decided to break my wacom touch screen drivers and now the touch screen is totally unresponsive. I have tried re-installing the drivers: no help I have tried updating windows and contacting support: no help

So, I turn to you

(device manager can see the touch screen)

(pen works fine)

Btw touch screen is super useful on a laptop I was a sceptical and I was happily surprised.

• 2 months later...

was there a fix for this? I am having the same issue and can not find a fix anywhere.

Yeah, I got it figured out. I sent it to warranty repair they changed the whole screen and now it works perfectly. It must be something with the display cable not being able to hold up, just like in the macbook.( The cable is actually exposed between the hinges and since its an 360 flip it gets a lot of stress. They made design a mistake there.

The way I figured out it wasn't software was through something called "Abitti" which we use for exams in the Finnish education system. It actually has drivers for the touch screen and since they don't change I was able to rule out the driver issues.

If you want to try it out for yourself you can download abitti (free and safe since its used by the finnish education system)

If it doesn't work its hardware if it does its software.

https://www.abitti.fi/fi/ohjeet/usb-tikkujen-kirjoittaminen/

Its in Finnish so might wanna use google translate :D but the download link is the blue "Lataa asennuspaketti" plop that to an usb drive and boot that in your bios. It should work on your laptop. There is also a video guide for more help