Building first custom loop, got some questions.

Mehmy

I'm currently planning out my first custom loop and at the moment this is what's planned: https://i.imgur.com/XAKgVHT.png

Before I ask my questions, a couple things first:
Firstly, this is primarily being done for looks and silence, about 50/50 split.

Secondly: I chose Acetal top on the GPU on purpose, since I'm not going to mount it vertically (my case doesn't support it, and I don't really care for it either way), and for CPU just as a placeholder. Might go with nickel/plexi instead.

Thirdly: I'd really prefer to get everything from the same vendor

Forth: I'm going to be re-using my fans, so don't need fans

Fifth: Don't care for RGB really, gonna use some white LED's to light my case

Now my questions:

1: These all fit in my case, a PC-o11, but is there something that's missing? Currently don't have a drain port planned, but figure I should be fine without it? If I were to get a drain port, how'd I do it best? Y/X splitter with the extra hole(s) plugged? Would I need more fittings?

2: How stupid would it look getting a second 360mm rad and mounting the res/pump on top of that? At the moment the plan is to mount the bracket next to the 240mm at the bottom

3: I'm told loop order doesn't matter, but some people also say it can increase your temps by 5-10C to do it the wrong way? Currently planning res > pump > 240 > gpu > cpu > 360 > res, or the other way around

4: How good is EK's included thermal paste? I'm considering getting some Kryonaut to use instead of the included, want to know how much of a waste that is

5: This is more of a hope than a question really. EK has this block: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fb-msi-z270-gaming-rgb-monoblock-nickel on their site. Is this compatible with the Z390 versions of the board? I prefer the look of a full monoblock like that, but would like not to throw a bunch of money at it only to find it doesn't fit. I did send EK an email, but figured I'd just ask here too

47 minutes ago, Mehmy said:

I'm currently planning out my first custom loop and at the moment this is what's planned: https://i.imgur.com/XAKgVHT.png

Before I ask my questions, a couple things first:
Firstly, this is primarily being done for looks and silence, about 50/50 split.

Secondly: I chose Acetal top on the GPU on purpose, since I'm not going to mount it vertically (my case doesn't support it, and I don't really care for it either way), and for CPU just as a placeholder. Might go with nickel/plexi instead.

Thirdly: I'd really prefer to get everything from the same vendor

Forth: I'm going to be re-using my fans, so don't need fans

Fifth: Don't care for RGB really, gonna use some white LED's to light my case

Now my questions:

1: These all fit in my case, a PC-o11, but is there something that's missing? Currently don't have a drain port planned, but figure I should be fine without it? If I were to get a drain port, how'd I do it best? Y/X splitter with the extra hole(s) plugged? Would I need more fittings?

2: How stupid would it look getting a second 360mm rad and mounting the res/pump on top of that? At the moment the plan is to mount the bracket next to the 240mm at the bottom

3: I'm told loop order doesn't matter, but some people also say it can increase your temps by 5-10C to do it the wrong way? Currently planning res > pump > 240 > gpu > cpu > 360 > res, or the other way around

4: How good is EK's included thermal paste? I'm considering getting some Kryonaut to use instead of the included, want to know how much of a waste that is

5: This is more of a hope than a question really. EK has this block: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fb-msi-z270-gaming-rgb-monoblock-nickel on their site. Is this compatible with the Z390 versions of the board? I prefer the look of a full monoblock like that, but would like not to throw a bunch of money at it only to find it doesn't fit. I did send EK an email, but figured I'd just ask here too

1) When using soft tubing a drain port isn't strictly necessary. On my old system when I did loop maintenance I simply pulled the CPU block off the CPU, put it inside a bucket and undid both fittings and the loop drained into the bucket with no issues. If you do a rigid tubing loop then you will need a drain port.

2) Without knowing your case its impossible to say.

3) Loop order makes zero difference and anyone who tells you otherwise has no idea how thermal dynamics work. Heat will always try to equalize itself across a water loop meaning as long as everything is connected together and the water is flowing the loop will equalize temperature naturally, there will be a very small hotspot around areas where heat is entering the loop (so CPU block, GPU block etc) but aside from that it makes absolutely zero difference how you order your loop.

4) Use Kyronaut, it really is amazing stuff.

5) I would strongly doubt the Z270 monoblock would fit the Z370 board but honestly I cannot say for sure and I wouldn't believe anybody who says it will unless they can show you proof (except EK themselves of course).

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1: well you need more than one fitting for starters :P if you want to do a drain, I'd do that directly off the pump with a T or Y split and a valve.

2: that would be a 360 in the top and a 360 in the bottom I'm guessing? That would look fine I guess but remember that it would sit on top of a fan too if you want the air to go from bottom to top. 

3: loop order doesn't matter for max temps. Anyone who says it does has no idea how watercooling works. 

4: they include hydronaut which is pretty good, if you really cared about temps there are other things to do before buying new paste imo, like getting better performing blocks and good SP fans. 

5: if it's not listed as supported that's probably a no. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

6 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

2) Without knowing your case its impossible to say.

5) I would strongly doubt the Z270 monoblock would fit the Z370 board but honestly I cannot say for sure and I wouldn't believe anybody who says it will unless they can show you proof (except EK themselves of course).

Case is a Lian-Li PC-o11, not the Der8baur version

EK says the block is compatible with Z270 AND Z370, so figured I might as well ask if it's also compatible with the Z390

6 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

1: well you need more than one fitting for starters :P if you want to do a drain, I'd do that directly off the pump with a T or Y split and a valve.

2: that would be a 360 in the top and a 360 in the bottom I'm guessing? That would look fine I guess but remember that it would sit on top of a fan too if you want the air to go from bottom to top. 

3: loop order doesn't matter for max temps. Anyone who says it does has no idea how watercooling works. 

4: they include hydronaut which is pretty good, if you really cared about temps there are other things to do before buying new paste imo, like getting better performing blocks and good SP fans. 

5: if it's not listed as supported that's probably a no. 

1: Picture doesn't include amounts, there's 10 fittings in the shopping cart.

2: That's what the plan is. If I'm sticking with 360+240 it'll be 240 on the bottom

4: Okay then. It's not that much money, but figured it was worth an ask

5: That's what I was thinking too, but might as well ask since I like how the block looks

Wouldn’t worry about loop order. 

I go though all my components first then the rads. 

If if I could drop my temps 5-10 are that means my stuff would run incredibly cool and isn’t on a happen. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz