power supply

Go to solution Solved by Spotty,
1 hour ago, JacTech17 said:

i have a ryzen 2600 and an r9 fury but since it's my first time doing water cooling im probably going to run it with the r9 fury and an fx-8350 with 12 GB of ram and a 970 gaming  board and like 6 fans before switching to the ryzen system with 16gb of ram on a GAMING PRO CARBON B450 BOARD WITH the SAME AMOUNT OF FANS

From a performance standpoint in my opinion there's not much point building a custom loop for an FX CPU & R9 fury in 2019. Better off investing your money and effort towards newer, more efficient, and more powerful components.

To answer your question though; 850W will be plenty for a FX 8350 + R9 Fury with customer water cooling.

What wattage amount should you get for your custom water loop I currently have a platinum evga 850-watt power supply would that be enough

It depends what system you're powering. The pump itself will probably only use about 20W so isn't much of a concern. It's stuff like the CPU and GPU(s) you need to consider.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

i have a ryzen 2600 and an r9 fury but since it's my first time doing water cooling im probably going to run it with the r9 fury and an fx-8350 with 12 GB of ram and a 970 gaming  board and like 6 fans before switching to the ryzen system with 16gb of ram on a GAMING PRO CARBON B450 BOARD WITH the SAME AMOUNT OF FANS

34 minutes ago, JacTech17 said:

If you're getting an AM4 waterblock, you can't use it on AM3+. Vice versa; the mounting points for those sockets are different. You'll either watercool the FX space heater or you'll watercool the Ryzen CPU.

If you have 850W, then you should be fine basically no matter what.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 hour ago, JacTech17 said:

From a performance standpoint in my opinion there's not much point building a custom loop for an FX CPU & R9 fury in 2019. Better off investing your money and effort towards newer, more efficient, and more powerful components.

To answer your question though; 850W will be plenty for a FX 8350 + R9 Fury with customer water cooling.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450