Can This Processor Use Egpu ?

Go to solution Solved by NelizMastr,
5 minutes ago, Travis Parker said:

so this CPU does not support external gpu? even connect throught wifi card or bluetooth card ?

You could do that, but it'll run at PCIe x1 or x2, which even heavily bottlenecks a GT1030, which is slower than the GTX750. Time for a new laptop if you want to do gaming.

I Just Wanna Ask To You Guys, i had a plan to using egpu , like gtx 750 or ti.

can this cpu got bottleneck ? and can it run cemu at good performance ?

can i.JPG

eGPUs means that a graphics card is plugged into an external box that's connected to the computer, however unless the laptop has a proprietary connector for that, the only real option is Thunderbolt 3 - an Intel technology. This is an AMD CPU.

So no, you will not be able to use an external GPU with this CPU.

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

so this CPU does not support external gpu? even connect throught wifi card or bluetooth card ?

5 minutes ago, Travis Parker said:

You could do that, but it'll run at PCIe x1 or x2, which even heavily bottlenecks a GT1030, which is slower than the GTX750. Time for a new laptop if you want to do gaming.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

so if i use gtx 750, will it run cemu or modern game like resident evil 7 or something new ?

11 minutes ago, Travis Parker said:

or which the best graphics card for this cpu to run Emulation ?

Doesn't matter. The way you want to run it will be terrible and absolutely not worth it

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

Doesn't matter. The way you want to run it will be terrible and absolutely not worth it

Thanks For The Information ?

• 1 month later...

respect to all the people, last week I borrowed my friend's egpu  to test on my laptop, It was an EXP GDC with mPCIe connector and an MSI 1070ti Gaming Series, I was super happy with it, I don't use those gaming titles as gamers, I run it for flight Simulation which for sure is both heavily CPU demanding and GPU demanding, my laptop is an Asus N46VZ which has its wifi connection on a pcie 2.0 x1. So compared to 650M on the laptop which works pcie 2.0 x16, I had almost 30 to 50 FPS on 1080p with the Same setting on the Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v4.4 or Maintain the same framerate but increase many of graphics setting up to the max including the Dynamic lightings/ Detailed shadows/ Texture resolutions from 128x128 up to 1024x1024 and detailed precipitations and many more and still get my good old 30 FPS with much much more details and eye-catching stuff... so in my experience I was so happy with that setup, Tomorrow I'm trying to get 1070ti ROG Strix from Asus with the GDC beast v8.0. I will try to report to results.

( My first post here, hello everybody, you guys rock, this forum is awesome)