CPU FAN/HEAT SINK

Laftpig

Heat sink question. I have a recycled CPU heat sink/fan combo, Dell.  The back plate on the recycled heat sink/fan holes are being obstructed by the motherboards CPU locking mechanism plate, three screws on the back side.  The back plate of the recycled plate won’t fit properly because of this. What I did was drill out the three hole, making them bigger so the plate would sit somewhat properly. I was able to mount the fan/heat sink, with a little effort. Anything wrong with this other than the obvious, buying a new fan/heat sink? Thanks 

Hello,

From what I have understood, you drilled out holes to allow a new heat sink to fit in.

If it works and your computer works there isn’t anything wrong with it the only time something is wrong with it is when it doesn’t work if it works and there are no issues with the heat sink cooling your processor, computer works, etc. then it works. 

Again I didn’t completely understand what you meant so that is all I could help you with. Sorry. 

Hope it works out!,

The_Big_Grape

5 hours ago, Laftpig said:

Thanks The_Big_Grape wasnt sure what I wrote made sense. I’ll be firing it up today sometime after I go through everything again. 

Hello!,

No problem! Happy to help! Let me know if it works. 

Thank You,

The_Big_Grape

18 hours ago, Laftpig said:

The_Big_Grape so far so good the fans are working and the temperatures where they should be. Like you said if it works it works. Thanks again

Hello!,

No problem! I’m extremely happy it works. And happy to help!

Thanks!,

The_Big_Grape