Creating 5 GHz WiFi hotspot on TP-LINK Archer T9E

Reonu

WiFi has terrible reach on my room, and my computer is connected via ethernet, but I still happen to have this PCIe network card which I previously used in a different place, so the idea was to create a hotspot with the included Windows 10 option for my phone, my Nintendo Switch when playing handheld, etc and it works okay but it could work better if I was getting the 5 GHz option I'm supposed to be getting. There's no option to change bands at all. I'm frustrated because a laptop I have with a shitty wifi adapter has the option for this but this sorta high-end desktop one doesn't get it for some reason. There's no reason why the hardware wouldn't be capable of doing it right?

I tried to play with the advanced settings of the adapter in device manager, disabling bands and such but nothing changed except one time I managed to get my computer to get its first BSOD ever.

Any way to force this adapter to create a 5 GHz hotspot?

This is the adapter: https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Archer-T9E-Beamforming-Technology/dp/B00TQEX7AQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1547651256&sr=8-2&keywords=archer+T9E

Thanks.

Sin título.png

if I remember correctly I could make a hotspot with my t2u and t1u via the software from tplink, but it worked really bad. a second router would do much better

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

if I remember correctly I could make a hotspot with my t2u and t1u via the software from tplink, but it worked really bad. a second router would do much better

As I said, I can create the hotspot and it works fine. But only in 2.4 GHz. I want to create a 5 GHz hotspot so it works even better.

Just now, Reonu said:

As I said, I can create the hotspot and it works fine. But only in 2.4 GHz. I want to create a 5 GHz hotspot so it works even better.

ah okay... might it be because you're connected to 2,4 ghz with it? I always had that problem with creating a hotspot on my laptop and phone

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

ah okay... might it be because you're connected to 2,4 ghz with it? I always had that problem with creating a hotspot on my laptop and phone

No, I'm not connected to any WiFi network. I'm connected via Ethernet. The WiFi card is just kinda sitting there and while I will eventually buy a router, I wanna take advantage of it in the meantime. But not in 2.4 GHz mode lol

7 minutes ago, Reonu said:

No, I'm not connected to any WiFi network. I'm connected via Ethernet. The WiFi card is just kinda sitting there and while I will eventually buy a router, I wanna take advantage of it in the meantime. But not in 2.4 GHz mode lol

then i honestly can't think of anything right now