Need help with cables.

DylanDB

So i have an rm650x , which has 2 8pin holes for pcie i guess, and 3 peripheral and sata holes with 6pins, now i ordered new cables. Now my problem is i have a gtx1070ti , which needs 1 8pin and 1 6pin. The cables i got has one cable that is 1 8pin to 8pin(only 7 real pins that go in psu) and one 6pin(gpu) to 8pin (one that goes in psu but only 6 real pins, so just 2 empty holes) , is it safe to put that 8pin with 2 empty holes in my psu to power the 6pin on the gpu? Or not?

yes that is fine

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

it is safe, since it is like a normal 8 pin to 8 pin has separated 6/2 and will not make a difference. just be aware that if you short the empty 2 holes it will cause catastrophic damage

4 minutes ago, Johnprogamez said:

just be aware that if you short the empty 2 holes it will cause catastrophic damage

Or you know, it will trigger the SCP on the PSU

:)

16 hours ago, DylanDB said:

So i have an rm650x , which has 2 8pin holes for pcie i guess, and 3 peripheral and sata holes with 6pins, now i ordered new cables. Now my problem is i have a gtx1070ti , which needs 1 8pin and 1 6pin. The cables i got has one cable that is 1 8pin to 8pin(only 7 real pins that go in psu) and one 6pin(gpu) to 8pin (one that goes in psu but only 6 real pins, so just 2 empty holes) , is it safe to put that 8pin with 2 empty holes in my psu to power the 6pin on the gpu? Or not?

What?!!?

Where did you get these cables?  That doesn't sound right.

There should be either an 8-pin (plugs into the PSU) to one 6+2-pin (can be used for either 6-pin or 8-pin) and/or an 8-pin (plugs into the PSU) to TWO 6+2-pin connectors.

A cable with a single PCIe connector doesn't need all 8 pins populated as it's not delivering that much current.  If the cable was MADE for a Corsair RMx PSU, it should work fine.  If this is some random cable set you bought because it looks cool, don't assume it's pinned correctly.