Setup Bootable SATA RAID on AM4

GabeN_

I'm pretty sure you can just do it in device manager by setting them to dynamic disks and striping them, but I'm not sure.

The manual says it supports RAID 0,1 and 10 but it doesn't show where to set up the mode in BIOS:

However the option is usually where you change the mode to Legacy and UEFI, you need to set up the RAID mode. This basic guide should help you set up the RAID from Windows Disk Management once you are done with BIOS:

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

21 hours ago, The N Factor said:

I'm pretty sure you can just do it in device manager by setting them to dynamic disks and striping them, but I'm not sure.

But that option won't be able during Windows install though. I need a bootable RAID.

You can do this with chipset raid on the board, but really Why not boot from one ssd? that seems easier and would work better.

And caching really isn't that great, I wouldn't use it for a boot drive, just boot from a ssd.  

On 1/4/2019 at 9:50 PM, Electronics Wizardy said:

You can do this with chipset raid on the board, but really Why not boot from one ssd? that seems easier and would work better.

And caching really isn't that great, I wouldn't use it for a boot drive, just boot from a ssd.  

I need the RAID for a data dump I'll do in Windows Bash. Docker cannot use any drive except the Primary Drive. I need it for my DL project.

Thanks for the advice though. 

2 hours ago, mrinmaydhar said:

I need the RAID for a data dump I'll do in Windows Bash. Docker cannot use any drive except the Primary Drive. I need it for my DL project.

Thanks for the advice though. 

You should be able to use a non boot drive, have you tried links or mounting something to the folder it uses?

How much storage do you need? WIll a single 8tb drive work?

Id stay away from caching here, have a seprate boot drive, works a lot better normally.