AiO for CPU and GPU or custom loop?

I don't have much money for that + I'm total beginner in water cooling.

I7-4790K | 1080 TI Aorus | 4x4gb ddr3 1833 | Shadow Rock 2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 600W | 1TB HDD + 256 GB SSD | Gigabyte Z97-HD3 | Meshify C

Just now, prodolphinplayer said:

I don't have much money for that + I'm total beginner in water cooling.

U can consider getting EK A240G liquid cooling set,its not that pricy and u get everything for your CPU and GPU

Thats what I have but bought another gpu cooler :) I like it alot and easy. Just follow the instructions.

My Rig: CPU: i9-9900k (5Ghz), Ram: 32gigs 3600mhz DDR4 CL16, MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus z390 Ultra, HDD: Samsung 970 Evo 500gig x2, Samsung 850 evo 250 gig, 2 TB Baracuda 7200 rpm,6tb WD Black 7200rpm, 4TB NAS, GPU: Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Master

well, for a GPU getting a 120mm AIO with a kraken G12 bracket or something simmilar should be enough. 

then you can go like a 240mm AIO on the CPU. i had this setup in my 2nd ITX build.

Spoiler

20160331_190959.thumb.jpg.8587e8cb50d1cd64225eab573fb48833.jpg

that being said, custom watercooling looks so much better ;)

If you short on cash, I would go for better air flow through the case with fans. It will be cheaper but still be very effective, water cooling is only important if you are going to be doing some major overclocking.

You can also go with a switch aio 240 or 360 which is designed to expandiable. 

According to the OP's sig, he has a meshify C case.

Do you have a fan hub and 4-5 fans installed?  I'd do that first and see where your temps settle at. Compared to water cooling, fans are pretty cheap.

The best AiOs cost like 2 or 3 times the money a top of the line air cooler costs yet they perform pretty similar. You don't buy AiO for their performance and definitely not because you're on a budget. Get a Noctua NH D15 or similar and save another 100 bucks if you don't want a custom loop. GPUs are totally ok with higher temps and those AiO GPU solutions are a bit sketchy imho since they don't cool the VRMs. 

A proper custom loop sets you back about $300+ and there's no real limit. You can get it a bit cheaper with EK's Fluid Gaming kits, but you need to be aware that you're buying an all Aluminium set and you're limited to compatible products made out of Aluminium. Cooling performance is okay, especially for the price. You're limited to the components EK offers in that Fluid Gaming lineup or you need to look for other Aluminium parts. The choice of radiators is limited, there are less GPU blocks available and no hardline fittings. There's just one pump and expansion stuff comes at a premium.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

9 minutes ago, bowrilla said:

The best AiOs cost like 2 or 3 times the money a top of the line air cooler costs yet they perform pretty similar. You don't buy AiO for their performance and definitely not because you're on a budget. Get a Noctua NH D15 or similar and save another 100 bucks if you don't want a custom loop. GPUs are totally ok with higher temps and those AiO GPU solutions are a bit sketchy imho since they don't cool the VRMs. 

But most brackets for AIO use on GPUs do include some sort of VRM and memory cooling. 

20 minutes ago, bowrilla said:

A proper custom loop sets you back about $300+ and there's no real limit. 

300 If you use the fluid gaming and have a GPU compatible with their block. . . For a basic copper loop, you'll be starting at the 500-600 price margin if youre doing soft tubing. 

SLI 1070 Setup for sale!!!

12 minutes ago, reptileexperts said:

300 If you use the fluid gaming and have a GPU compatible with their block. . . For a basic copper loop, you'll be starting at the 500-600 price margin if youre doing soft tubing. 

The $300 didn't include a GPU block. You can get along with 300 bucks for regular copper without the GPU. See the quick custom loop with only EK parts in the picture below:

EK.PNG.5608ed05ec4c0f61c774eec250374225.PNG

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!