Recommended Headset?

ch3w2oy

Hey GUIZ,

I just built my PC for like the first time, and I've never really paid attention to which headphones I have used but when I plugged in the headphones from my Galaxy S9+, the surround sound was real! Anyways, I don't want earbuds, but a nice headset with a microphone so can like talk to people, or something..

I found this on Amazon and they look pretty good for my budget: 

Amazon - HyperX Cloud II

Am I missing something? Is there a better pair I should be aiming for that are around this same price point? I want the best I can get under $100 bucks. Are there certain features I should be looking for, for a complete virtual surround sound? 7.1 good enough? I'm not sure what my Galaxy S9 headbuds were, but I've never had headphones sound better than my speakers until I tried them! PLZ help!

Thanks a lot!

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

Amazon - Corsair Void Pro

What about these? they're better priced as it's on sale. They HyperX says virtual 7.1, are the Corsair ones true 7.1? Are there true 7.1 surround sound headsets under 100 bucks? Which of these two would you prefer if you cannot recommend another set?

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium

Just now, tobeornottobealttfan said:

You can check out this one -  

https://www.amazon.com/beyerdynamic-Custom-Street-Headphones-Black/dp/B00UK7ZQXO/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1544446580&sr=8-8&keywords=buyerdynamic

though it doesn't have an built-in microphone it has port to connect an external one.

Those are nice, but I really want one with a mic, not looking to spend extra..

Just now, tomswife said:

Those are nice, but I really want one with a mic, not looking to spend extra..

I don't know much about headphones with mic but somebody on the forum will surely help you.
Good luck.

2 minutes ago, tomswife said:

Does anyone know if wireless effects quality? The corsair wireless Void Pro look pretty good.

Nope. You’re good.

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

I own the HyperX Cloud II and I will say they are a pretty good headset with the mic and all. I also bought an adapter from HyperX to split from 4 pin to 3 pin headphone and mic jacks(male ends) for my computer. Sound quality is great and can't complain about the mic. Although I'm not a big fan of the 7.1 Surround System card it came with so that is why I bought the adapter. If you're not looking for one with that feature, just go with the HyperX Cloud I.

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2 hours ago, CommanderAlex said:

I own the HyperX Cloud II and I will say they are a pretty good headset with the mic and all. I also bought an adapter from HyperX to split from 4 pin to 3 pin headphone and mic jacks(male ends) for my computer. Sound quality is great and can't complain about the mic. Although I'm not a big fan of the 7.1 Surround System card it came with so that is why I bought the adapter. If you're not looking for one with that feature, just go with the HyperX Cloud I.

What does the adapter do? I know nothing about how audio works, I just know from using my Galaxy s9+ earbuds that the surround sound they made were awesome. Would the USB adapter for these headphones be fine?

On 12/10/2018 at 5:44 AM, tomswife said:

Hey GUIZ,

I just built my PC for like the first time, and I've never really paid attention to which headphones I have used but when I plugged in the headphones from my Galaxy S9+, the surround sound was real! Anyways, I don't want earbuds, but a nice headset with a microphone so can like talk to people, or something..

I found this on Amazon and they look pretty good for my budget: 

Amazon - HyperX Cloud II

Am I missing something? Is there a better pair I should be aiming for that are around this same price point? I want the best I can get under $100 bucks. Are there certain features I should be looking for, for a complete virtual surround sound? 7.1 good enough? I'm not sure what my Galaxy S9 headbuds were, but I've never had headphones sound better than my speakers until I tried them! PLZ help!

Thanks a lot!

The HyperX Cloud II's are great! I lucked out and found a pair locally and snagged them for 20 bucks. I wear glasses, so comfortably was a concern; but these are extremely comfortable. The 7.1 is pretty great - especially for movies and games. The mic is good from what I have been told. but nothing special.

I say if you can land a good deal on a pair, they're worth it!

[Desktop]  [Ryzen 5 3600 6c/12t Stock]  [2x8gb DDR4 @ 3200MHz]  [RTX 3070 Ti FE Stock]  [Oculus Rift S]

[Laptop]  [i5-10300h 4c/8c @ up to 4.5GHz]  [2x8gb DDR4 @ 2933MHz]  [1660ti Max-Q]  [Oculus Rift S]

1 hour ago, Oll_Greg said:

The HyperX Cloud II's are great! I lucked out and found a pair locally and snagged them for 20 bucks. I wear glasses, so comfortably was a concern; but these are extremely comfortable. The 7.1 is pretty great - especially for movies and games. The mic is good from what I have been told. but nothing special.

I say if you can land a good deal on a pair, they're worth it!

What about around the $70 mark they're going for on Amazon? I'm considering those or the Corsair Void Pro. Both have good and bad reviews, the corsair can be a little on the cheaper side, though. I'm not sure if I should consider other ones as those are two of the most popular ones on Amazon, that are on the cheaper side, while also being from companies I'm familiar with and have had great luck with, so far.

Hmm, I have not tried the Void Pros. I have heard great things about them and have seen some reviews on YouTube that mostly back that up. At $70, I feel that you are getting what you pay for. At normal price on the Cloud II's, I would probably wait for a deal. At $70 bucks though, I'd say its a good deal but nothing more than you'd expect. Again, I personally think they do a great job (they are my first headset as well) and if you think the price feels right, I'd say go for it. You wouldn't be disappointed at the least.

[Desktop]  [Ryzen 5 3600 6c/12t Stock]  [2x8gb DDR4 @ 3200MHz]  [RTX 3070 Ti FE Stock]  [Oculus Rift S]

[Laptop]  [i5-10300h 4c/8c @ up to 4.5GHz]  [2x8gb DDR4 @ 2933MHz]  [1660ti Max-Q]  [Oculus Rift S]

On 12/10/2018 at 7:11 AM, tomswife said:

Does anyone know if wireless effects quality? The corsair wireless Void Pro look pretty good.

They sound fine, they're gaming headphones though so don't expect great music quality from them (they're still pretty good at that though). I never have the surround thingie enable though, just go with normal stereo. Charging can be a bit of a pain because due to my charging habits it's always dead when I want to actually game with friends, lol. But other than that they're pretty dank, built in mike is good, nice and clear, and I even have the matching RGB stand that's pretty awesome. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

If your not afrade of refurbished units that come from the factory with warrenty the HyperX Cloud II are on ebay from the manafacture buy it now price of $60.00 , very tempted to pick up a pair myself. 

19 hours ago, tomswife said:

What about around the $70 mark they're going for on Amazon? I'm considering those or the Corsair Void Pro. Both have good and bad reviews, the corsair can be a little on the cheaper side, though. I'm not sure if I should consider other ones as those are two of the most popular ones on Amazon, that are on the cheaper side, while also being from companies I'm familiar with and have had great luck with, so far.

Hey!

I coincidentally am now shopping for my brother in a similar price range for a headset! I am shooting for <$50 and have found some options through my research I thought I'd share!

My cheaper option at $30 (huge sale) is the Logitech G430: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CQ35C1Q/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1_2_3?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&amp;psc=1

My other option at $50 is the Corsair HS60: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826816107

After looking at reviews, they seem to be neck-n-neck as far as sound and mic quality goes. The Corsair looks to have a bit better build quality. I personally do not like the look of the Logitechs, but that's something I can easily get past. As this is a gift, I'm leaning toward the Logitechs due to price, but those Corsairs are a great deal right now and would most likely be what I would go for for my personal use.

6 hours ago, Oll_Greg said:

Hey!

I coincidentally am now shopping for my brother in a similar price range for a headset! I am shooting for <$50 and have found some options through my research I thought I'd share!

My cheaper option at $30 (huge sale) is the Logitech G430: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CQ35C1Q/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1_2_3?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&amp;psc=1

My other option at $50 is the Corsair HS60: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826816107

After looking at reviews, they seem to be neck-n-neck as far as sound and mic quality goes. The Corsair looks to have a bit better build quality. I personally do not like the look of the Logitechs, but that's something I can easily get past. As this is a gift, I'm leaning toward the Logitechs due to price, but those Corsairs are a great deal right now and would most likely be what I would go for for my personal use.

What about the Corsair Void Pro? They're 50 bucks on Amazon right now too, I think I'm gonna order those.. I really wanted the hyperX but I need to stay in budget this time..

EDIT: Nevermind. Looks like the Hs60 is better:

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/tools/compare/corsair-void-rgb-vs-corsair-hs60/507/686

And the HS60 is 34 on Amazon. Think I'm getting those.

https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-HS60-Certified-Headphones-Compatible/dp/B079D3WNR5/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1544656294&amp;sr=8-2&amp;keywords=corsair+hs60

EDIT: just ordered the HS60. Thanks for telling me about them! $34 was a good price. 

16 hours ago, tomswife said:

What about the Corsair Void Pro? They're 50 bucks on Amazon right now too, I think I'm gonna order those.. I really wanted the hyperX but I need to stay in budget this time..

EDIT: Nevermind. Looks like the Hs60 is better:

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/tools/compare/corsair-void-rgb-vs-corsair-hs60/507/686

And the HS60 is 34 on Amazon. Think I'm getting those.

https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-HS60-Certified-Headphones-Compatible/dp/B079D3WNR5/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1544656294&amp;sr=8-2&amp;keywords=corsair+hs60

EDIT: just ordered the HS60. Thanks for telling me about them! $34 was a good price. 

I ended up ordering the HS60 from Amazon.. Crazy good deal. I watched reviews and people seemed to like the HS60 a bit more than the Void Pros from what I saw, so I think we made good choices

1 minute ago, Oll_Greg said:

I ended up ordering the HS60 from Amazon.. Crazy good deal. I watched reviews and people seemed to like the HS60 a bit more than the Void Pros from what I saw, so I think we made good choices

Ya, I think that was a great choice for a budget pair! Really good price too..