Place to find evening / weekends programming jobs

camjocotem

Hey there,

I'm hoping to spend some of my evenings / weekends coding to help supplement my income, any ideas/ suggestions?

Any job sites, Craigslist, asking around... be resourceful.

“Security is always excessive until it’s not enough.”

– Robbie Sinclair, Head of Security, NSW Australia 

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?” - Every Tech Rep Ever

If you need help with your build please tag me.

Main PC:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1300x RAM: 8gb ddr4 2666 MT/s Mobo: ASRock A320M HDD: 1tb WD GPU: Gtx 1050ti 4gb

Spoiler

P.s. if you can tell me what reference my location I will follow you. 

Bonus points if you can tell me the names of the people there. 

Ask around. I got a gig just by overhearing some colleagues talking about needing a front-end guy at lunch.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

I'm not quite sure if I'd have much luck on craigslist, even the jobs section appears to be filled with "Want female cam partner" e.t.c.

Most ads I've seen online require dedicated hours / are perm (I'm already working full time) I struggle to find bespoke pieces of work that want done for cash.

Last year I was creating scripts in python for people on another forum. 

You just need to find a coding forum of such that has a market place then put your services up.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Freelancer.com or something. Pay is bad, work is bad, but it’s up to you. 

Code me a cheat that will lift fog of war in company of heroes 2 multiplayer. I will pay $100+ USD for it. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

@wasab I wish I was that good XD

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll probably try to get my name out there a bit more and get a portfolio put up somewhere

8 hours ago, wasab said:

Code me a cheat that will lift fog of war in company of heroes 2 multiplayer. I will pay $100+ USD for it. 

Wouldn't you need to gain access to the servers to do that?

12 minutes ago, MyName13 said:

Wouldn't you need to gain access to the servers to do that?

No. Data's are all in memeory. Enemy is just hidden. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

@MyName13 

@wasab

Depends how they made it :)

I would imagine that the whole map is indeed available to the client, however as for seeing where the enemy is I'm not so sure I'd hope the server would only reveal the enemy location based on your placements :)

I suppose maybe you could spoof the locations you're at to the server but if they have any form of logging they'd probably pick up on that and you'd get banned pretty quickly

I'm just guessing all of this x]

13 minutes ago, camjocotem said:

@MyName13 

@wasab

Depends how they made it :)

I would imagine that the whole map is indeed available to the client, however as for seeing where the enemy is I'm not so sure I'd hope the server would only reveal the enemy location based on your placements :)

I suppose maybe you could spoof the locations you're at to the server but if they have any form of logging they'd probably pick up on that and you'd get banned pretty quickly

I'm just guessing all of this x]

Server does send the data im sure, otherwise how would the game calculate stuffs  like enemy path finding and mortor shot. 

Spoofing? Server will detect invalid info sent by the client this way. I think you can just read onto games memory and change some values to make a cheat. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

I mean something like:
Client: My troops location are at position A, are they close enough to see the enemy troops?
Server: No

Client: My troops location are at position B, are they close enough to see the enemy troops?
Server: No

Client: My troops location are at position C, are they close enough to see the enemy troops?
Server: Yes, here is where they are ( Current Coordinates )

In this scenario saying you've gone straight to position C would be the only way to really cheat it but you'd likely get caught

But if it works like

Server: Here are the locations of every unit in the game but you can't see them yet because you're not close enough

Client: Okay I'll only show what's visible around my units 

Then yeah you could probably easily change something to show where your enemy is

8 hours ago, camjocotem said:

But if it works like

Server: Here are the locations of every unit in the game but you can't see them yet because you're not close enough

Client: Okay I'll only show what's visible around my units 

Then yeah you could probably easily change something to show where your enemy is

Pretty sure this is what most game servers do. They need to tell clients the positions of everything so the game can execute ability like areial reconaisance which lifts fog of war for a few seconds. They are pretty damn sure gonna offload graphics rendering and ai logic to the game executable itself instead of doing it in the cloud. Everything is handed to the client in memory. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

On 12/10/2018 at 1:05 AM, wasab said:

Pretty sure this is what most game servers do. They need to tell clients the positions of everything so the game can execute ability like areial reconaisance which lifts fog of war for a few seconds. They are pretty damn sure gonna offload graphics rendering and ai logic to the game executable itself instead of doing it in the cloud. Everything is handed to the client in memory. 

Why not send the data only when player asks for aerial recon?What AI is there in a multiplayer gamemode?