PSU not working, SOME TIMES

3DOSH
HI

I have been having this problem for the last 6 month and i honestly don't know what to do. I live in Israel and i bought my SeaSonic X650 Gold from store called KSP. The problem that I'm dealing is the following: When I go to start up my PC I click the power button nothing happens, the LED on my motherboard however is glowing that means there is power, now the so called trick I use to get the PSU to work is to press the power switch on the back of the PSU between 0 and 1 very fast and then my PC powers on, it dose not always work and some time the fans in my system ramp up for 2 seconds and nothing happens so i have to do the trick countless times to work. I tried many things to diagnose the problems, I put the PSU in other system and i got the same problem, checked the 12v 3.3 v and 5v and they are all ok, so that meant that the PSU is culprit, so I went to the store to try to see whats the matter after having the PSU for 2.5 years and I still have 6 month of warranty on it, they tested it and said that it worked fine and that the problem is something else, so next time i brought the whole PC to them, they hooked it up powered it on and it worked flawlessly and that is were i went to full shock. I went pack to home hocked it up again and it worked fine for week and the issue came back again, SO at this point I done know what to do so can you please HELP ME. Thanks

Slowly...In the hollows of the trees, In the shadow of the leaves, In the space between the waves, In the whispers of the wind,In the bottom of the well, In the darkness of the eaves...

Slowly places that had been silent for who knows how long... Stopped being Silent.

Well there's obviously a fault with the PSU, why don't you record what it's doing and then send it to them for proof that it's actually faulty and if they have a decent warranty policy they should replace it for you.

Build 1: 4770k (H100i) | 2 x MSI 280X Gaming 3G | Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero | Corsair RM850 | 16GB Corsiar Vengeance 1600MHz | Corsair Obsidian 750D |

Build 2: 3770k (Titan Fenrir Evo) | Powercool 3GB HD7970 Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair TX750 | 16GB Kingston HyperX Genesis 2133MHz Inwin Fanqua |

Im having the same problem too. Using a seasonic x1050w as well so im betting it could be my mobo. Try to run a memtest if possible.

Well there's obviously a fault with the PSU, why don't you record what it's doing and then send it to them for proof that it's actually faulty and if they have a decent warranty policy they should replace it for you.

I had the psu rmaed about three times. Definately not it as its a brand new unit each time w a new s/n. but it could be a batch or manufacturing problem. Who knows? So far im trying my mobo as my psu has normal voltages with the all the rails

I don't think that well work as I'm pretty sure that they well say its something else but I might try it as last resort  

Im having the same problem too. Using a seasonic x1050w as well so im betting it could be my mobo. Try to run a memtest if possible.

As I stated above I put it in other system and got the same problem, I was on LGA 775 Platform and went to haswell and got the same thing.

Slowly...In the hollows of the trees, In the shadow of the leaves, In the space between the waves, In the whispers of the wind,In the bottom of the well, In the darkness of the eaves...

Slowly places that had been silent for who knows how long... Stopped being Silent.

I don't that well work as I'm pretty sure they well say its something else but I might try it as last resort  

As I stated above I put it in other system and got the same problem, I was on LGA 775 Platform and went to haswell and got the same thing.

Ah i see. I havent tested mine on another system. I also have to flip the psu to the | or O as fast as i can to get it to turn on each time after shutdown.