Nvidia Drivers Washed out Colors

Go to solution Solved by Flamewalker,

So I've been having this odd issue with Nvidia drivers. When first installing a driver, the colors on my monitor become very washed out and loose a ton of contrast. So I have to go into the nvidia control panel to fix it. All I have to do is move any of the sliders any amount, then the monitor will instantly revert into it's old color configuration. This wasn't too big of a deal.

However, now every time my computer goes into sleep, or restarts, or anything that turns the monitor off, when it turns back on the washed out colors are back. But now I can't just quickly change a setting to fix it. I have to reinstall drivers again to fix it. It's starting to get very annoying. Anyone know a fix?

Are you using a hdmi monitor?if you are, try setting a custom resolution (i change the ini files before installing the driver so i don't have to bother with using a custom resolution to get decent colours on my hdmi monitor),but creating a custom resolution does the same thing) (https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/523992/tip-for-nvidia-users-using-hdmi-and-getting-accurate-color-format/ if you want to know more:P)

If you aren't using a hdmi monitor then setting a custom resolution might still help.

Did you have this issue on every driver or only on the latest drivers?

Also brand and model of the monitor would be nice to know :P

So I've been having this odd issue with Nvidia drivers. When first installing a driver, the colors on my monitor become very washed out and loose a ton of contrast. So I have to go into the nvidia control panel to fix it. All I have to do is move any of the sliders any amount, then the monitor will instantly revert into it's old color configuration. This wasn't too big of a deal.

However, now every time my computer goes into sleep, or restarts, or anything that turns the monitor off, when it turns back on the washed out colors are back. But now I can't just quickly change a setting to fix it. I have to reinstall drivers again to fix it. It's starting to get very annoying. Anyone know a fix?

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

I had that problem for videos, usualy setting custom settings to 0-255 would solve it. Maybe there is same option for 2D/3D? chekc in Control Panel. That is strange bug.

Are you using a hdmi monitor?if you are, try setting a custom resolution (i change the ini files before installing the driver so i don't have to bother with using a custom resolution to get decent colours on my hdmi monitor),but creating a custom resolution does the same thing) (https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/523992/tip-for-nvidia-users-using-hdmi-and-getting-accurate-color-format/ if you want to know more:P)

If you aren't using a hdmi monitor then setting a custom resolution might still help.

Yes, I'm using HDMI. I'll try creating a custom resolution profile. I've tried using the latest drivers and slightly older drivers, and neither fixes the problem. My monitor is a Dell, not sure what model.

EDIT: That fix you linked looks like it's working. Rebooted and my colors aren't washed out. Thanks for the help! :)

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Yes, I'm using HDMI. I'll try creating a custom resolution profile. I've tried using the latest drivers and slightly older drivers, and neither fixes the problem. My monitor is a Dell, not sure what model.

EDIT: That fix you linked looks like it's working. Rebooted and my colors aren't washed out. Thanks for the help! :)

No problem, when i bought my hdmi monitor i had washed out colours and black was greyish and ended up finding that it's a nvidia issue and that they never bothered to fix it.(they still haven't even bothered checking into it, even though it's fully working on the linux driver)

• 1 year later...

i experience this same problem. im using DVI. will it the solution in the link work even if its not HDMI?
its really annoying... i tried installing the driver a couple of times now.