Star Citizen cracks $32Million in crowd funding.

Askew

I don't understand why this game has raised so much cash, I know everyone is dousing their undies over it but that's a crazy amount of cash in advance!?

$32Million announcement.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13398-Letter-From-The-Chairman-32-Million

It was $31Million on the 25th!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pc-space-sim-star-citizen-funding-passes-31-million-updated/1100-6416384/

Dude, as of now, we're at $32,958,507!

You may as well make the $33 million thread right now! :P

And I was happy, and a bit tortured, to contribute $1,325 of that total. (By tortured, I mean how hard the Idris was to buy)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

And I was happy, and a bit tortured, to contribute $1,325 of that total.

Yeah why not call it $33m its only 42k Kappa.

I must ask. Why is everyone so in love with star citizen? It looks kinda meh. Please explain, this isnt a hate post i simply dont know much, But from what i do know it looks meh. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

And I was happy, and a bit tortured, to contribute $1,325 of that total. (By tortured, I mean how hard the Idris was to buy)

Oh snap, if I'd realised it was that close I'd have waited! However the thread was mainly to find out why people want to contribute so much moolah.

You gave them $1,325? Some people have spent less than that on games altogether, what compelled you to drop so much cake?

This will be a revelation in PC gaming. Many gamers will want this game to be pushed to the max so this will make AMD and Nvidia(Especially Nvidia) get off their lazy asses and make more advances in graphics hardware. A 780Ti can run Crysis 3 at 60fps now so Crysis is no longer really as powerful anymore. 

Also the CREATOR HIMSELF said he would not puss out on this game for the sake of console and trash like that. He made a huge thread himself on the games forums and said he want this game to be epic and be the new Crysis, and have phenomenal gameplay.

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

Oh snap, if I'd realised it was that close I'd have waited! However the thread was mainly to find out why people want to contribute so much moolah.

You gave them $1,325? Some people have spent less than that on games altogether, what compelled you to drop so much cake?

For me it's the combination of always having wanted this kind of game and the amount of skilled developers the legend (IMO) Chris Roberts have assembled. From top to bottom, there is not one thing that makes me question that this game will be amazing.

I must ask. Why is everyone so in love with star citizen? It looks kinda meh. Please explain, this isnt a hate post i simply dont know much, But from what i do know it looks meh. 

Well first off, it's a space sim, which is a niche genre. That may be why you think it's meh at face value. But this is radically different from any space sim in the past, in that you control a character, not just a ship. You can walk and fight FPS style on planets, space stations, in ship interiors - and everything is beautifully realized with amazing visuals. The ship combat and trading and stuff that is the very core game play of other space sims, is just a small part of the vastness that is Star Citizen.

See Star Citizen as Skyrim without levels in space rather than a traditional space sim, and instead of a horse to ride, you get a ship to fly. That ship just happens to be operating closely to newtonian physics. A fully immersive space world sim. I think that needs to be a new genre named after Star Citizen by the way. Because this game is not just a space sim.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

This will be a revelation in PC gaming. Many gamers will want this game to be pushed to the max so this will make AMD and Nvidia(Especially Nvidia) get off their lazy asses and make more advances in graphics hardware. A 780Ti can run Crysis 3 at 60fps now so Crysis is no longer really as powerful anymore. 

Also the CREATOR HIMSELF said he would not puss out on this game for the sake of console and trash like that. He made a huge thread himself on the games forums and said he want this game to be epic and be the new Crysis, and have phenomenal gameplay.

Dude what is with your PC build in sig? That GPU is ancient compared to every part of your rig!

Dude what is with your PC build in sig? That GPU is ancient compared to every part of your rig!

I ran out of money lol, also I am waiting for the gtx 880. I'm saving up though no worries :) I have 6k+ coming in the next few months :) 

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

Oh, this is going to be sooo insane!

Having this much of a budget before tha game is even released means the devs can really go balls to the walls all out on this!

cannot wait, it will be stunning. And with the recentish announcement of them implementing mantle into it, uuuuhhhh...

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

1.EA isnt behind this - they wont ruin it

2.PURE PC MASTER RACE CERTIFIED  - kinda like when we first saw crysis  its gonna take years for a pc to play it fully

etc

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I ran out of money lol, also I am waiting for the gtx 880. I'm saving up though no worries :) I have 6k+ coming in the next few months :)

Ha ha its just like I was reading it "awesome mouse, great keyboard, sweet monitor, outstanding case, custom loop, godlike mobo, best CPU, and wtf? a 4000 series" lol yeah I am waiting to see what Maxwell has to offer too! I expect great things.

Ha ha its just like I was reading it "awesome mouse, great keyboard, sweet monitor, outstanding case, custom loop, godlike mobo, best CPU, and wtf? a 4000 series" lol yeah I am waiting to see what Maxwell has to offer too! I expect great things.

Yeah, tho I'm expecting Nvidia to rape everyones wallets. With the 780Ti being $700 I am really wondering how far Nvidia will go with the 800 series prices.

Yeah, tho I'm expecting Nvidia to rape everyones wallets. With the 780Ti being $700 I am really wondering how far Nvidia will go with the 800 series prices.

They generally do this with their top end cards... 680 was like $650 at launch... As was the 580 if I recall correctly.

Don't get me wrong, I will almost certainly buy into the game when it's out if it's shown to live up to the hype but I'm not about to throw coins at it before then, especially not the amount that people are throwing.

It's just the way I behave as a consumer when it comes to games, I'm not a pirate but I'll only pay for quality and I have seen so many things get hyped hard and end up being shit before.

Don't get me wrong, I will almost certainly buy into the game when it's out if it's shown to live up to the hype but I'm not about to throw coins at it before then, especially not the amount that people are throwing.

It's just the way I behave as a consumer when it comes to games, I have seen so many things get hyped hard and end up being shit before.

Fair enough

That's why I really wished AMD met the hype that the R9 series got. It really dissapointed me. TrueAuido is amazing and Mantle looks promising, but really they still barely match up to the GK110 released over 8 months ago.

but really they still barely match up to the GK110 released over 8 months ago.

Yes.

Hmm wasn't the Radeon X1600 XT like £700 ($900+) at launch. It might have been yonks ago, but Nvidia aren't the only ones who will take advantage of their position.

For me it's the combination of always having wanted this kind of game and the amount of skilled developers the legend (IMO) Chris Roberts have assembled. From top to bottom, there is not one thing that makes me question that this game will be amazing.

Well first off, it's a space sim, which is a niche genre. That may be why you think it's meh at face value. But this is radically different from any space sim in the past, in that you control a character, not just a ship. You can walk and fight FPS style on planets, space stations, in ship interiors - and everything is beautifully realized with amazing visuals. The ship combat and trading and stuff that is the very core game play of other space sims, is just a small part of the vastness that is Star Citizen.

See Star Citizen as Skyrim without levels in space rather than a traditional space sim, and instead of a horse to ride, you get a ship to fly. That ship just happens to be operating closely to newtonian physics. A fully immersive space world sim. I think that needs to be a new genre named after Star Citizen by the way. Because this game is not just a space sim.

Okay, thats a bit cooler. but how big is it going to be and how many planets and will the entire planet be unlocked so that you can roam it? and can you walk around in the space ship? 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

launch on 2015? man thats a long time really
at that time i would have a gtx 980 and ddr4 and a 6 core cpu from intel

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.