OS X Mavericks Hackintosh Guide

All right guys lets do this. 

I am not writing the whole guide here. What I am going to do is collect articles from various sources to systematically help you set up a Hackintosh.

First things first. INTEL ONLY! Please don't post a million questions about will this work on AMD? 

Set SATA to ACHI and disable fastboot and hardware fastboot. Sometimes the boot drive might not load properly with fast boot causing a Kernel Panic. Nvidia and AMD card owners set Graphics Enabler=No. If you are using unibeast don't worry about this.

To get you started follow this guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

One thing to make note is that during install make sure you format your drive as Mac OS Extended Journaled and a GPT partition. This will help you minimize issues. After installation make sure you use Multibeast to install the boot loaders. 

NOTE:

ASUS Z87 Motherboard users. The motherboard has a nasty system that makes it impossible to simply install the boot loader on a GPT system drive. Follow this guide to use the EFI partition and set up your boot drive. 

http://www.tonymacx86.com/401-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

X79 Users check out this great guide by MKBHD:

If you want to dual boot windows the best way to insure this is to install OS X and Windows on separate drives. 

Chimera is the most recommended boot loader for now. 

Don't forget to install the ethernet drivers otherwise iCloud and iMessage won't work. Also download and put this file in your boot loaders Extra/modules directory.

http://cl.ly/NrnA

That's all for now. Feel free to PM me if issues arise. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Simple way to fix the bootloader problem is to make a small partition on your boot driver that has OS X of about 300Mb in FAT-32 and install the bootloader there. Then you don't need the USB bootloader. 

\

Simple way to fix the bootloader problem is to make a small partition on your boot driver that has OS X of about 300Mb in FAT-32 and install the bootloader there. Then you don't need the USB bootloader. 

But Apple installations require GUID for Chimera or Chameleon require MBR. So you will still need another drive to install the bootloader in MBR format. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

5jP8Z.png

Oh wait, what do you know! I'm running a hackintosh.

You don't need more then one drive.

\

5jP8Z.png

Oh wait, what do you know! I'm running a hackintosh.

You don't need more then one drive.

Youre running it in an ivy system on a different motherboard. Mine is running Hackintosh too, in a Haswell system. 

post-18995-0-85058900-1384600152_thumb.p

Really wouldn't mind trying this, but could someone fill me in as to what the baseline limitations of OSX on Hardware that isn't specifically for the Mac OS, and what the OS can and can't be installed on Hardware wise? 

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

Really wouldn't mind trying this, but could someone fill me in as to what the baseline limitations of OSX on Hardware that isn't specifically for the Mac OS, and what the OS can and can't be installed on Hardware wise? 

Reading your specs almost everything in that works. But you might need to install the wifi drivers. I can provide you with the right files. Bluetooth on the motherboard might now work but you can buy a dongle. Feel free to PM me if you need help 

Reading your specs almost everything in that works. But you might need to install the wifi drivers. I can provide you with the right files. Bluetooth on the motherboard might now work but you can buy a dongle. Feel free to PM me if you need help 

Never use the bluetooth anyway, why can't it be driven directly from the Lan apposed to the wireless module?, and what I was thinking was trying to get it to run on an older laptop, but I highly highly doubt it's possible for that. 

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

Never use the bluetooth anyway, why can't it be driven directly from the Lan apposed to the wireless module?, and what I was thinking was trying to get it to run on an older laptop, but I highly highly doubt it's possible for that. 

works with LAN just fine. Just incase you wanted to install wireless I have the drivers. 

works with LAN just fine. Just incase you wanted to install wireless I have the drivers. 

Fair enough then, what's the chances in a laptop install?, with the very high variation in combo's for drivers and such. 

How about x79?DSDT required?

It varies, from motherboard from motherboard. The only way to tell is to install it. If you have a x79 system MKBHD has a mackintosh build guide. He uses a x79 Hackintosh. 

Follow the series here:

It varies, from motherboard from motherboard. The only way to tell is to install it. If you have a x79 system MKBHD has a mackintosh build guide. He uses a x79 Hackintosh. 

Follow the series here:

I am using a Rampage IV Gene and not Sabertooth...

Think i will just try this and that until it works.

I am using a Rampage IV Gene and not Sabertooth...

Think i will just try this and that until it works.

Yep give it shot. Don't worry about clover. Just use the instructions over at tonymac and use Unibeast. After installation use Multibeast to install drivers. 

Follow the series here:

I would avoid referencing to MKBHD's tutorial it pretty much links you back to tonymacx86 and could have more detail

Rig: Lian Li PC-V353 i5 2500K, GA-Z68MA-D2H, EVGA GTX 650, CM Gemiin S524, Corsair TX650M, Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate 1TB Barracuda, Fiio E10

Is mavericks much better than snow leopard?

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know how to fix the wifi on the asus z87 pro?

Could be wrong but the built in Wi-Fi on Asus's boards are incompatible with OS X as far was I remember

Rig: Lian Li PC-V353 i5 2500K, GA-Z68MA-D2H, EVGA GTX 650, CM Gemiin S524, Corsair TX650M, Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate 1TB Barracuda, Fiio E10

Could be wrong but the built in Wi-Fi on Asus's boards are incompatible with OS X as far was I remember

No thats wrong. I have been able to get my WiFi to work on the 2.4 GHz band. 

Is mavericks much better than snow leopard?

Never used mountain lion so can't speak of it. But Mavericks works great for me. I feel that my system is running more stable under OS X than Windows 8.

No thats wrong. I have been able to get my WiFi to work on the 2.4 GHz band. 

Huh news to me! What kexts/bios did you use to get your Asus board working?