Internet addictions problem?

James_AJ

Before you laugh at me, I am pretty serious about this as I have a pretty serious internet addiction problem... I won't get into how many hours per day, but I really need to change my lifestyle somehow and I thought maybe someone in this forum could help me (as none IRL takes this seriously).

It's not that I can't handle my life with internet; I can manage to squeeze in insane hours of internet into my life while I still get things done, but I don't have any "free" time for myself and other personal projects and I can't get enough sleep (currently clocking at about 3~4 hours).

Man, I really tried turning off computers and putting it somewhere not near me but it didn't work and my mentality is just so f***ed up so that I can't control my internet time by myself.

Any suggestions?

Self control, I have some, I just choose not to use it.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Sledgehammer 

I don't think you're being serious, but if I keep doing down the road like this, that may be my only solution.

Might sound harsh, but get a hobby. Take up bike riding, reading books, playing music, paint Warhammer figurines (or just any creative outlet). The possibilitys are endless. 

If your self control is a problem, set your computer on a timer. Set it so the computer is only able to turn on for a limited amount of hours during the day.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Take out the power cord and give it to a friend

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Might sound harsh, but get a hobby. Take up bike riding, reading books, playing music, paint Warhammer figurines (or just any creative outlet). The possibilitys are endless. 

If your self control is a problem, set your computer on a timer. Set it so the computer is only able to turn on for a limited amount of hours during the day.

This. Creative hobbies are usually the best. Especially outdoor ones if you're trying to de-internet

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

I don't understand how. I am so bored on the internet. There is nothing to do other than YouTube and LTT. What do you go on??

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

the problem is with this is you'd know the password to turn that off

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

the problem is with this is you'd know the password to turn that off

lol you would think you should know the password but its not hard to make a password you will not know 

Well one method is to ask someone to make another account on windows with parental control where they set the hours allowed you to use the pc and they should set a password for admin acc that you dont know... Read some books, go for a ride with your bike, go out with friends... Its not that hard just make yourself not use the pc so much for one day/week/month and you will get used to it..

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

its HAMMER TIME

.jpg

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Well one method is to ask someone to make another account on windows with parental control where they set the hours allowed you to use the pc and they should set a password for admin acc that you dont know... Read some books, go for a ride with your bike, go out with friends... Its not that hard just make yourself not use the pc so much for one day/week/month and you will get used to it..

see if it came down to that for me I'd figure out some way to obtain admin access and remove them >_< I had the same issue as OP for some period of time but the technique is to simply not think about the Internet.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Take out the power cord and give it to a friend

I have boxes of power cords, I can keep him on the hook for a long time :lol:

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.