What AIO

Hi everyone, HERE i started a topic about changing my "stock" CPU cooler im going to tell you quickly the content:

Pc Specs:

-CPU:

Intel Core i7-3770 3,4GHz

-Motherboard: ECS H77H2-EM (Asus maximus V formula)

-RAM: 16 GB DDR3-SDRAM (With no thermal solution)

-GPU: GTX 980 Strix

-Storage: 120 SSD Plus Sanddisk + Seagate Barracuda Green ST1500DL003 1.5TB 5900 6.0Gb/s (+ Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB coming soon)

-PSU: EVGA superNova 850 G2

-Display(s): Samsung S22C300

-Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow

-Mouse: Logitech G600

-Sound: Logitech z506

-Case: Corsair 760t

-Operating System: Windows 10

PC set up:

VBoIRqR.jpg

5P2LCCt.jpg

Two 140 mm fans in the dron as intake

one 140 mm fan in the rear as outtake 

In THE thread i said that i have fear on putting a AIO liquid cooling, an they told me that only AIO LC and Stock air coolers let see the ROG led logo, i was decided to buy the Noctua NH-d15S but tonight, thiking, i said "Why its going to leak to me if no one have leaks?", so i tink that having a AIO is a good idea (To quit my fear xD) and for pure asthetics hahaha.

So, guys, help me to decide wich AIO liquid Cooler should i buy, and The configuration of the radiator on the case and fans on the radiator to keep the positive air preasure in my case (to fight dust) and my budget is arround the 150 € more or less

Thanks to all and sorry about the loooooong thread hahahaha

none.

why spend so much money on a non-oced CPU?

Because some times i think that is running hot (for what i saw on the internet) and i preffer it to run the much cool posible, other thing is asthetics (I really want to have a good looking PC) and other thing is beacause some day i want to change my CPU to a K version (when mine gets obsolete), but i want to be ready and just buy one cooler once rather than now the noctua and another one when i change the CPU hahaha

just buy an aftermarket air cooler (hyper 212 evo is cheapest and a good one)

unless you plan or want to overclock i would

cheapest water cooler i know so far is h55 or h60 or h75 from corsair. maybe not cheap in your country but its some trusted brands and manufactures

you see this? this is my signature. btw im Norwegian 

Spoiler

CPU - Intel I7-5820K, Motherboard - ASUS X99-A, RAM - Crucial DDR4 Ballistix Sport 16GB, GPU - MSI Geforce GTX 970, Case - Cooler Master HAF XB evo, Storage - Intel SSD 330 Series 120GB - OS, WD Desktop Blue 500GB - storage 1, Seagate Barracuda 2TB - storage 2, PSU - Corsair RM850x (overkill i know), Display(s)- AOC 24" g2460Pg, Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, 2 Noctua 120mm PWM, 1 Corsair 120mm AF RED LED, Keyboard - SpeedLink VIRTUIS Advanced, Mouse - razer deathadder chroma, Sound - Logitech Z313, SteelSeries Siberia V2 HyperX Edition, OS - Windows 10 (prefer windows 7)

Because some times i think that is running hot (for what i saw on the internet) and i preffer it to run the much cool posible, other thing is asthetics (I really want to have a good looking PC) and other thing is beacause some day i want to change my CPU to a K version (when mine gets obsolete), but i want to be ready and just buy one cooler once rather than now the noctua and another one when i change the CPU hahaha

so you only bought the moterboard for the looks?

IMHO it would have been smarter to save that money and buy a new motherboard and CPU at once ...

"The Noctua" (refering to D15) will beat almost any AIO water cooling solution in terms of performance and silence. You won't need to upgrade anything on the way.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

just buy an aftermarket air cooler (hyper 212 evo is cheapest and a good one)

unless you plan or want to overclock i would

cheapest water cooler i know so far is h55 or h60 or h75 from corsair. maybe not cheap in your country but its some trusted brands and manufactures

I had in mind the Noctua NH-D15S but is much cleaner the AIO liquid cooling (and looks better), i change my mind because of the red LED on the Asus Maximus V formula and because of the ugly fan that Noctua provides xD

so you only bought the moterboard for the looks?

IMHO it would have been smarter to save that money and buy a new motherboard and CPU at once ...

"The Noctua" (refering to D15) will beat almost any AIO water cooling solution in terms of performance and silence. You won't need to upgrade anything on the way.

No in my case i bought the Motherboard because is the only one i can find with the LGA 1155 nowdays hahahahaah xD

I think about that just because is almos imposible to find a motherboard for the 1155 but i think that my CPU is good enough to keep it and to no change it at least for now.

As you said the Noctua will beat almos any AIO and is my first option (I almost buy it yesterday hahaha), but considering the looks, maybe the AIO is more complete.

(Have in mind that i preferr the D15S hahhaha is just the way it going to block the ROG LED and the colour of the fan what makes me doubt

No in my case i bought the Motherboard because is the only one i can find with the LGA 1155 nowdays hahahahaah xD

I think about that just because is almos imposible to find a motherboard for the 1155 but i think that my CPU is good enough to keep it and to no change it at least for now.

I still don't get why you would buy a new motherboard if the one you have is working fine?!

____

If you are just buying a new cooler for the looks, just get the one that looks best to you ...

I still don't get why you would buy a new motherboard if the one you have is working fine?!

____

If you are just buying a new cooler for the looks, just get the one that looks best to you ...

Because as you can see in the photos the motherboard i have is for an "unknown" brand, my system was a prebuild one, and comes with that motherboard, that looks awful, and i keept it for three years or so, but im planning to do SLI and honestly, the maximus v formula has a lot more features than mine xD

_____

Lets suppouse that i go with de AIO, what model do you recomend me, where should i place it an with what setup

(I really appreciate your honesty :) and your help, thanks)

Lets suppouse that i go with de AIO, what model do you recomend me, where should i place it an with what setup

(I really appreciate your honesty :) and your help, thanks)

just get a Corsair H100i GTX or H110i GTX (should go well with your Corsair case) and put it at the top of the case like so ...

BKCVwcF.png

just get a Corsair H100i GTX or H110i GTX (should go well with your Corsair case) and put it at the top of the case like so ...

-image-

Ok so in fact, the only pure reason to buy the AIO is the looks, but with the noctua nh-d15s i will reach almost the same performance but is cheaper.

So the options are more or less: Cooler Master 212 EVO 20€ Noctua NH-D15S 80€ and Corsair H110i GTX 147€ what would you buy?? (keeping in mind, the cooler the better xD)

Ok so in fact, the only pure reason to buy the AIO is the looks, but with the noctua nh-d15s i will reach almost the same performance but is cheaper.

So the options are more or less: Cooler Master 212 EVO 20€ Noctua NH-D15S 80€ and Corsair H110i GTX 147€ what would you buy?? (keeping in mind, the cooler the better xD)

The NH-D15 is a very large air cooler, reason why it rivals AIO's but aesthetically may not fit your build ( the biege fans won't match your colour scheme meaning you'll have to probably buy new fans). Go with the 212, it puts less strain/stress on your motherboard ( NH-D15 is 1.3Kg with fans, 212 Evo is 0.57Kg with fans.) and is a good choice as you don't have an unlocked CPU.

H110i GTX will give perfomance like the NH-D15 with negligible strain/stress on your motherboard and be aesthetically pleasing.

The NH-D15 will typically have lower idle temps (subject to ambient temperature) but loads temps will be similar between H100i & NH D15. 212 Evo won't be far out. Considering your load temps will normally be when gaming/video edting etc. CPU Stress tests don't give an indication of how PC is used daily.

The NH-D15 is a very large air cooler, reason why it rivals AIO's but aesthetically may not fit your build ( the biege fans won't match your colour scheme meaning you'll have to probably buy new fans). Go with the 212, it puts less strain/stress on your motherboard ( NH-D15 is 1.3Kg with fans, 212 Evo is 0.57Kg with fans.) and is a good choice as you don't have an unlocked CPU.

H110i GTX will give perfomance like the NH-D15 with negligible strain/stress on your motherboard and be aesthetically pleasing.

The NH-D15 will typically have lower idle temps (subject to ambient temperature) but loads temps will be similar between H100i & NH D15. 212 Evo won't be far out. Considering your load temps will normally be when gaming/video edting etc. CPU Stress tests don't give an indication of how PC is used daily.

Thats more or less the summary of my doubts hhahahah. I think that the NH.D15 will be quiter than the others i dont really know what to do :(

Thats more or less the summary of my doubts hhahahah. I think that the NH.D15 will be quiter than the others i dont really know what to do :(

You won't see your RAM snd Mosfet heatsinks when you mount the NH-D15.. I've used the NH-D14 in the picture and it slightly smaller than the D15. 

212 if you still want to see your motherboard lol

post-300263-0-72824900-1452777548_thumb.

You won't see your RAM snd Mosfet heatsinks when you mount the NH-D15.. I've used the NH-D14 in the picture and it slightly smaller than the D15. 

212 if you still want to see your motherboard lol

My first idea was buy the NH-D15 but when i realize that it could hide something in the motherboard or something like this someone told me that the NH-D15S exists, is almost the same but with the center fan only and slightly moved to the top (to clear the first pci slot)

My main doubt is because im trying to build a good looking built and idk if with the NH-D15S will be sexy or awful and if its justificated the extra cash on buying a AIO liquid (what in a first moment is what i want to avoid xD)

You can make any fan quiet by adjusting your fan curve

You can make any fan quiet by adjusting your fan curve

but afaik there is no real quiet AIO water cooling solution.

A NH-D15 most likely will be dead silent all the time on a not overclocked CPU.

(keeping in mind, the cooler the better xD)

if your cpus stays below 80°C it is fine.

it won't run any faster if it is cooler.

it won't get damaged at those temperatures.

again ... replacing the motherboard imho is a huge waste of money if you don't immediatly get an unlocked CPU or go SLI.

It is just money thrown out of the window for better looks.

Then again I paid quite a bit for my case ...

but afaik there is no real quiet AIO water cooling solution.

A NH-D15 most likely will be dead silent all the time on a not overclocked CPU.

well there is also other big tower coolers like the cryorig r1 or bequiet that might fit your cooler scheme better.

Yes ther is no AIO quite because of the pump i guess, and the NH-D15S will be almos quiet.

Is not the colour what really bothers me (it bothers me but not the main reason xD), is the size.

I can pass the noise of the AIO liquid vut if the looks justifies the price difference ahhahaha

if your cpus stays below 80°C it is fine.

it won't run any faster if it is cooler.

it won't get damaged at those temperatures.

again ... replacing the motherboard imho is a huge waste of money if you don't immediatly get an unlocked CPU or go SLI.

It is just money thrown out of the window for better looks.

Then again I paid quite a bit for my case ...

But the overall system will be cooler (that means that the temperature in my case will be lower and probably the graphics card temperature will be lower aswell

About the motherboard upgrade it was a present from my parents xD it has alrready bought, but my birthday is the 19th so there is no change there hahaahahha

But the overall system will be cooler (that means that the temperature in my case will be lower and probably the graphics card temperature will be lower aswell

no it won't. The only way to get the ambient temperature in the case down is by

1) installing more case fans

2) turn the speed of the case fans up.

but to be honest, the difference most likely will be negligible anyway.

The biggest source of heat in your PC is the GPU.

About the motherboard upgrade it was a present from my parents xD it has alrready bought, but my birthday is the 19th so there is no change there hahaahahha

well enjoy it then.

I paid an asston of money just for the looks ;)

no it won't. The only way to get the ambient temperature in the case down is by

1) installing more case fans

2) turn the speed of the case fans up.

but to be honest, the difference most likely will be negligible anyway.

The biggest source of heat in your PC is the GPU.

well enjoy it then.

I paid an asston of money just for the looks ;)

Yesterday when i was playing The Witcher 3 my CPU reaches 76C on the hottest core, and the cooler blows the heat inside the case, i want it to run cooler if i can :(

well there is also other big tower coolers like the cryorig r1 or bequiet that might fit your cooler scheme better.

I agree with the be Quiet Dark rock pro 3