HyperX Cloud 2. Mic low

FontNatur

Just arrived my HyperX Cloud 2, the sound is great but the ppl who I use to play with told me that they hear me too low.

I see in Google a lot of people with the same problem, but can not find a solution! I'm using Windows 7 64 bits. When I see the green bar in "sound" > "recording", I talk and only 1st or 2nd iluminates in green!

And I just don't know what is that "mic volume" on control box, I feel like nothing happens when I use it... I really wanted this headset, but now I'm disappointed... I'm thinking in refund this one and go back with Plantronics...

Just arrived my HyperX Cloud 2, the sound is great but the ppl who I use to play with told me that they hear me too low.

I see in Google a lot of people with the same problem, but can not find a solution! I'm using Windows 7 64 bits. When I see the green bar in "sound" > "recording", I talk and only 1st or 2nd iluminates in green!

And I just don't know what is that "mic volume" on control box, I feel like nothing happens when I use it... I really wanted this headset, but now I'm disappointed... I'm thinking in refund this one and go back with Plantronics...

Are you sure that the mic volume on the USB dongle is doing nothing?

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Can you change microphone boost settings in windows with Cloud II?

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Are you sure that the mic volume on the USB dongle is doing nothing?

Hundred percent... And if is doing something, is not relationated with the volume

See if there is a little microphone level on your headset to turn up the volume. IF not go into your Recording volume settings and see if the volume is fixed to be low.

Can you change microphone boost settings in windows with Cloud II?

Nope, I can't

O.o what do you mean you cant? Can you please show?

I mean this

Btw:

-Micrófono del auricular = Headset Microphone

dsf.png

Hm...... O.o This sounds like a very wierd issue.... Try another USB Port. Keep trying more ports until one works. IF all fails than you may be shit out of luck lol

I tryed all the ports, reinstalling drivers of the sound card... Nothing work

Searching in the internet, It looks like is a problem because is an "USB MIC". So here we go with the 2nd part... How fcking boost an USB mic...

What about not using that usb dongle? Just plug in the 3.5mm.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

What about not using that usb dongle? Just plug in the 3.5mm.

I have to use it, mic doesn't work without

Any idea? I think I will return this fucking headset... Can't understand how can get a lot of fans, with too much people with the same problem... Sound quality is great, but this mic ruins all

The issue is that you can't adjust the mic for some reason, sounds like faulty USB device.

I would pick up a cheap splitter, take off that USB dongle, then just run the splitter to separate mic/headphone and run to the onboard jacks. Or just return this and get the Cloud or Cloud Core, I've told people time and time again the Cloud 2 is purely pointless unless USB is 100% absolutely necessary for some unknown reason (such as say a dead mobo section).

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2