First PC build, need some help.

EchoNY

1. Budget & Location
$750-$800(MAX) - United States

2. Aim
I'll be using this build to play games on high/max settings, video editing and streaming.

Games: Dota 2, CS:GO, and whatever else pops up.

3. Monitors
At the current moment I'm only using 1 monitor. I plan on having 2 computer monitors when I get more money together. 1920x1080 FullHD 1080p

4. Peripherals 
Nope, already have keyboard/mouse.  :P

5. Why are you upgrading?
I'll be upgrading because I've been using a Dell OptiPlex 790i that I got from my Fathers job for free almost 7 years ago. I'll be receiving this build as a gift from him. I really want to start getting into more PC gaming and stray away from Console. I will be upgrading this PC as time goes on.

The picture shows what I have put together on PcPartPicker, the price for all of this was, Total: $858.16

I really want to custom build a computer, but my Dad wants to buy a pre-built one with all of that already in it because he's worried about parts breaking during shipment.

If their's a way I can knock the price down like $40-ish, that'd be great.

Feel free to leave any build suggestions below that are in the price range, all help is appreciated.

Thanks.  :)

post-289717-0-46363000-1448695050_thumb.

390 for more preformance...

Yeah unless he wants Nvidias features :P

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

390 for more preformance...

And it's cheaper (currently $319 on Amazon)

Do you even fanboy bro?

Was thinking about swapping out the GTX 970 for the MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card, or the MSI 390? Any thoughts?

2. Aim

I'll be using this build to play games on high/max settings, video editing and streaming.

3. Monitors

At the current moment I'm only using 1 monitor. I plan on having 2 computer monitors when I get more money together. 1920x1080 FullHD 1080p

You say you will be doing video editing? In that case if you are intending on using sony vegas pro i would highly recommend the 390 as OpenCL will help your core I5 out a lot on render times as its not to optimized for fast rendering. And in the mid range gpu market radeon does lead price to performance.

2. Aim

3. Monitors

At the current moment I'm only using 1 monitor. I plan on having 2 computer monitors when I get more money together. 1920x1080 FullHD 1080p

You say you will be doing video editing? In that case if you are intending on using sony vegas pro i would highly recommend the 390 as OpenCL will help your core I5 out a lot on render times as its not to optimized for fast rendering. And in the mid range gpu market radeon does lead price to performance.

Yeah, regular gaming, video editing, etc. Like I said, I'm not positive if my Dad wants to buy all parts separate so what do you think the best Pre-Built Gaming PC?

Edited by EchoNY