Do HP laptops still have overheating issues?

brainlessgaming

Hey guys,

I have my eyes on this HP laptop, and i'm wondering if HP still has overheating issues with their laptops. The laptop i'm looking at will be $550 on BF, and comes with a $50 windows store gift card. Here it is: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/HP-Pavilion-15-ab292nr-Signature-Edition-Laptop/productID.329095700?icid=FY16_Holiday_BF_Pre_ModF_PC_HPPavilion15

I plan on using this laptop for video editing, photoshop, etc.

If the HP laptop is troublesome, i'll go for this laptop which will be $399 on BF: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Dell-Inspiron-15-i5558-5718SLV-Signature-Edition-Laptop/productID.328882600?icid=FY16_Holiday_BF_Pre_ModF_PC_DellInspiron15

Also, if you guys have any suggestions for laptops, i'd love to hear them. I don't really want to spend more than $500.

Thanks!

Keep Moving Forward

Yep, using one right now. 

Kill me now  :)

Get something like Lenovo or Dell.

Intel Core i5 4590Gigabyte GA-970 Ax4 4GB DDR3 Crucial Balistix SportGigabyte Windforce GTX 970 | 3 TB of HDD | Enermax CoenusEVGA 500 Watt 80 Plus | Windows 10 | Razer Black Widow Tournament EditionLogitech G502 Proteus Core | Audio Technica M50x | Tonor BM 700 Nikon D3400 

CompTIA A+ Certified

One of my co-workers had to switch to a different work machine after his laptop died of overheating. Until it died, the fan was on full 24/7.

It was an HP.

The only time I have lost my temper and destroyed a computer in a fit of rage was with an HP laptop. Holy shit, that thing was slow.

HP in general just have been going down the drain. Get something better for the money. 

Intel Core i5 4590Gigabyte GA-970 Ax4 4GB DDR3 Crucial Balistix SportGigabyte Windforce GTX 970 | 3 TB of HDD | Enermax CoenusEVGA 500 Watt 80 Plus | Windows 10 | Razer Black Widow Tournament EditionLogitech G502 Proteus Core | Audio Technica M50x | Tonor BM 700 Nikon D3400 

CompTIA A+ Certified

I have an HP laptop, with a Sandy Bridge i3. It's supposed to put out only 30w of heat, but the fan runs so loud like its putting out 300. plus, the quality feels very cheap. i actually regret buying it. on the bright side, it was a 17.3 inch model, so a full sized numpad and bigger screen than a normal laptop.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D