How do I RMA my GPU?

NJDFisher
Go to solution Solved by GlassBomb,

I've done an RMA with EVGA before, and it actually tells you everything you need to know on their site.

When you are packing it up to send it off to them, then you do not have to send anything else but the graphics card. A good practice is also to take pictures of the card before sending it off, that way the mail service will take the fall if it got damaged during shipping.

Here is a cut-out from their FAQ section.

Question / Issue imgDivider.gif 

When RMAing a product, what should I send in and how should I package the defective item?

Answer / Solution imgDivider.gif

Send the product only. For a Warranty Replacement RMA, please do not send in any accessories, power supply cables, CDs, manuals and/or games as it will NOT be returned. For main boards including an accessory chipset fan which you have added on yourself, do NOT send the fanMainboards or graphics cards without a heatsink will be returned to sender.

To protect your product from shock, you will need to use a cushioning material and a cardboard carton. It is preferred that you use an anti-static bag or a plastic clamshell to return the product. Foam or bubble wrap may also be used as long as the product cannot move when the box is jolted during shipping. For insurance purposes you must have a minimum of 1-2" of padded material surrounding the product to protect it during shipping. It is recommended to use enough packing material so that the card product does not move around in the box. 

Please make sure you write the RMA # on the outside of the box, this will help speed up the process when we receive your package . Please be sure to ship your return product to EVGA via a traceable carrier, which can provide you with a proof of delivery if necessary. (i.e. UPS, USPS, FedEx, or DHL). EVGA is not responsible for lost or damaged shipments sent to us for warranty servic

Hi guys,

My GPU gave out suddenly, and so I have started the RMA process.

However, I haven't found any information on EVGA's website telling me how the GPU needs to be returned.

Does it need to be in the original packaging, complete with all accessories and documents? What shipping packaging does it require?

I do have these (at least most of them), and obviously don't want my RMA being rejected.

Thanks,

NJDFisher

Intel i7 4770k 4.3Ghz 1.23v | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | EVGA 980 SC 1530Mhz | Samsung Evo 500GB 850, 250GB 840, 2 TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black | Razer Blackwidow 2013 Stealth | Razer Naga 2012 EVGA SuperNOVA 750W B1

Hi guys,

My GPU gave out suddenly, and so I have started the RMA process.

However, I haven't found any information on EVGA's website telling me how the GPU needs to be returned.

Does it need to be in the original packaging, complete with all accessories and documents? What shipping packaging does it require?

I do have these (at least most of them), and obviously don't want my RMA being rejected.

Thanks,

NJDFisher

Have you seen this?

What must you do to obtain warranty services?

To obtain service under this Limited Warranty, the purchaser must contact EVGA and receive a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number prior to returning the product to EVGA CORPORATION. Please contact EVGA Technical support at 1-888-881-3842 option 1 or contact us by email at support@Evga.com.

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

I've done an RMA with EVGA before, and it actually tells you everything you need to know on their site.

When you are packing it up to send it off to them, then you do not have to send anything else but the graphics card. A good practice is also to take pictures of the card before sending it off, that way the mail service will take the fall if it got damaged during shipping.

Question / Issue imgDivider.gif 

When RMAing a product, what should I send in and how should I package the defective item?

Answer / Solution imgDivider.gif

Send the product only. For a Warranty Replacement RMA, please do not send in any accessories, power supply cables, CDs, manuals and/or games as it will NOT be returned. For main boards including an accessory chipset fan which you have added on yourself, do NOT send the fanMainboards or graphics cards without a heatsink will be returned to sender.

To protect your product from shock, you will need to use a cushioning material and a cardboard carton. It is preferred that you use an anti-static bag or a plastic clamshell to return the product. Foam or bubble wrap may also be used as long as the product cannot move when the box is jolted during shipping. For insurance purposes you must have a minimum of 1-2" of padded material surrounding the product to protect it during shipping. It is recommended to use enough packing material so that the card product does not move around in the box. 

Please make sure you write the RMA # on the outside of the box, this will help speed up the process when we receive your package . Please be sure to ship your return product to EVGA via a traceable carrier, which can provide you with a proof of delivery if necessary. (i.e. UPS, USPS, FedEx, or DHL). EVGA is not responsible for lost or damaged shipments sent to us for warranty servic

In that case I apologise, I must have overlooked it. I have been troubleshooting my PC issues for 6 days now, and apart from being without a vital tool for most of my daily operations, I have been getting very tired of reading troubleshooting documentation. Nevertheless, thanks for the help.

Intel i7 4770k 4.3Ghz 1.23v | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | EVGA 980 SC 1530Mhz | Samsung Evo 500GB 850, 250GB 840, 2 TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black | Razer Blackwidow 2013 Stealth | Razer Naga 2012 EVGA SuperNOVA 750W B1

I just completed my EVGA. Mailed in the card last thursday, they received it on Friday and I received my new card today. I have yet to test the replacement card as I didn't have time before going to school. The rma process is pretty simple and straight forward. You do have to contact their support to prove that you're having a problem before you're issued an rma number. Once you receive the rma number and instructions, you follow the instructions (packaging instructions are included), pay for your shipping and just drop it in the mail. Then comes the waiting game lol. 

A simple search engine search yields this.

In that case I apologise, I must have overlooked it. I have been troubleshooting my PC issues for 6 days now, and apart from being without a vital tool for most of my daily operations, I have been getting very tired of reading troubleshooting documentation. Nevertheless, thanks for the help.

Just make sure that you still have receipt and all of the normal paperwork in order, since that is needed for the RMA process. They use it to verify the date of purchase, price of the item, etc.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

I just completed my EVGA. Mailed in the card last thursday, they received it on Friday and I received my new card today. I have yet to test the replacement card as I didn't have time before going to school. The rma process is pretty simple and straight forward. You do have to contact their support to prove that you're having a problem before you're issued an rma number. Once you receive the rma number and instructions, you follow the instructions (packaging instructions are included), pay for your shipping and just drop it in the mail. Then comes the waiting game lol. 

A simple search engine search yields this.

I have visited the link you provided both before posting the question and after receiving your reply, and the "Shipping Guidelines" link, which doesn't actually yield information about how it should be shipped. However, according to other members the FAQ does, and also once I submit the RMA I will get shipping information. Thanks though.

Have you seen this?

What must you do to obtain warranty services?

To obtain service under this Limited Warranty, the purchaser must contact EVGA and receive a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number prior to returning the product to EVGA CORPORATION. Please contact EVGA Technical support at 1-888-881-3842 option 1 or contact us by email at support@Evga.com.

Yes I have, thanks for the info and that's a good point reading it later, it would be bad if I sent it without officially obtaining an RMA. I should've specified.

Yes I have, thanks for the info and that's a good point reading it later, it would be bad if I sent it without officially obtaining an RMA. I should've specified.

I just wanted to make sure you had the number if all else failed. Sometimes its hard to find warranty numbers. Like they purposely make it hard or something?!

Anyway thanks for the meniton!

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i