Internet amplifier won't cooperate?

Hey guys! 

We just moved in to our new house and was just about to set up our internet-router. The house is only 1 floor but it's pretty big so our idea was to use an amplifier named Comega amplifier 1-pmr for our tv-signal to split into internet-signal. The problem is just if we connect the cable with input into the amplifier and let the other cable with the output run out to the other Radio/Tv inputs in the house. If we connect our router with the Radio/Tv input right next to the amplifier it sais our router is not connected with input. But if we plug the internet cable which comes up from the ground with the router directly we do have connection in 3 seconds, and my room is 30 meters away from the router...... what to do? :(

post-267102-0-99301200-1444146546.jpg

post-267102-0-24475900-1444146550_thumb.

post-267102-0-54754900-1444146552_thumb.

The owner before us did it to boost the tv-signal in the whole house, my room is 30 meters away :I

Don't use that on the modem. Split the signal if you need to boost your TV signal - boosting it for the modem is going to cause problems.

I have never seen a cable modem require an amplifier or even work properly if it's signal is sent through an amplifier to begin with - TV signals and data signals are different things.

So if i split the tv/internet cable and then put the input internet cable in to the router, what is the best solution to best connection 30 meters away from the router :S

Is this the right splitter? :)

41r%2B7vnuD3L.jpg

That's right. One goes to TV one goes to Internet modem. If the TV signal from an antenna needs amplification, then put an amplifier after the split. If you have cable tv, don't use an amplifier. The signal from the cable company is strong enough for TV and Internet no matter where it is in the house.

Or just get a good access point, or a long ethernet cable...

He's going to need a coax splitter to go to the TV and Internet modem.

He's going to need a coax splitter to go to the TV and Internet modem.

But if we plug the internet cable which comes up from the ground with the router directly we do have connection in 3 seconds

But yes

Network/Homelab build log Main PC: "Aqua Blue"  Server: 15TB+ "Blue Lightning"

3900x, 32GB RAM @3200mhz, RTX 3090, 2.5TB+ SSD Storage, 4x2560x1440 monitors

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, +2x Note 9

So if i split the tv/internet cable and then put the input internet cable in to the router, what is the best solution to best connection 30 meters away from the router :S

Is this the right splitter? :)

-PIC-

Yes that is a splitter, only boost/amplify your TV signals never your coax going to your internet or phone modem if you have them, that doesn't play well with being amplified. It's best to immediately split off the incoming connection into the home for the modem and then have it go to the rest of the stuff.