Best Over-the-ear wireless headphones ~ $300

Thunderwolf
Go to solution Solved by spwath,

Been looking for a good set for a few days now, much of the wireless lines seem to be dated.

Also would you or anyone else happen to know how good the quality of the v-moda add-on mic is.

The mic built into my sibiera v2 is pretty bad, don't wana spend $30 on a bad mic.

The v-moda boompro mic is of Good quality.

I'm looking at getting a new headset as my Siberia v2 are becoming worn out.  I will mainly listen to music and play games using them, but would like them to be wireless with the option of being wired depending on what I want to use.  I have a budget of about $300, but am willing to go a bit over.

http://v-moda.com/crossfade-wireless/  Is the kind of thing I am looking for, but as I am not well acquainted with the headphone market I would like your guys help.

Thank you in advance.

Didn't know there was a crossfire wireless. If you don't mind enormous accounts of bass, V-Moda's do have good build quality.

Didn't know there was a crossfire wireless. If you don't mind enormous accounts of bass, V-Moda's do have good build quality.

They came out like 3 weeks ago,  from current reviews, they seem to be better than the m100s, but wanna get some other opinions before I drop $300 on a pair of headphones.

I mainly listen to edm, trance, house, and a bit of rock, so base isn't much of a problem for me.

They came out like 3 weeks ago, from current reviews, they seem to be better than the m100s, but wanna get some other opinions before I drop $300 on a pair of headphones.

I mainly listen to edm, trance, house, and a bit of rock, so base isn't much of a problem for me.

There's not a lot of wireless options from good headphone companies. Sennheiser's MX series probably has something in your budget, but that line is a bit dated.

There's not a lot of wireless options from good headphone companies. Sennheiser's MX series probably has something in your budget, but that line is a bit dated.

Been looking for a good set for a few days now, much of the wireless lines seem to be dated.

Also would you or anyone else happen to know how good the quality of the v-moda add-on mic is.

The mic built into my sibiera v2 is pretty bad, don't wana spend $30 on a bad mic.

It's new.

The problem with v-modas is the shallow ear cups. Great build quality, great support (when my cord sleeving frayed they gave me a new one without sending it back)

But, not very comfortable.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

The v-moda boompro mic is of Good quality.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

It's new.

The problem with v-modas is the shallow ear cups. Great build quality, great support (when my cord sleeving frayed they gave me a new one without sending it back)

They have xl cushions now, from what i've read they increase comfort greatly.

I forgot what you call those things, but what about that small thing that you plug your wired headphones to and connect via bluetooth to your devices and buy a pair of wired headphones and pair it up with that? I'm just asking out of curiosity.

They have xl cushions now, from what i've read they increase comfort greatly.

Yeah, I was going to try those, but I upgraded before I got new ear pads.

I forgot what you call those things, but what about that small thing that you plug your wired headphones to and connect via bluetooth to your devices and buy a pair of wired headphones and pair it up with that? I'm just asking out of curiosity.

Bluetooth receiver.

The BoomPro is pretty good. It doesn't have any noise canceling attributes so it will pick up room noises if you don't turn some settings down.

It's new.

Would you say that v-moda has good customer support?  My v2 broke and steelseries took 3 months to send me a replacement.  Don't want to have to deal with that kind of stuff again.

Bluetooth receiver.

Thank you. God, I feel stupid today.

Would you say that v-moda has good customer support? My v2 broke and steelseries took 3 months to send me a replacement. Don't want to have to deal with that kind of stuff again.

Yes, some of the best I have dealt with.

Yes, some of the best I have dealt with.

V-Moda support is so good that I still can't believe it. Maybe because I'm used to seeing companies being decent, meh, or just plain horrible with customer support. But hey, massive props to V-Moda.