Cases for replacing my old one

rutwik
Go to solution Solved by nightlitezzz,

What about cmstorm scout 2 advanced ??is it good

Or cmstorm 690 2 advanced or corsair 500r or corsair c70 .

I could use extra bucks for the reason below

I am considering to go for a i53570k over my i52300. Is it worth upgrading since,I would be doing gaming most of the time like planetside2 , BF3 ,arma2 etc.

The airflow design of the Storm Scout is not designed as well as it could have been because of the grille at the intake which blocks the air. For that price range I suggest a Corsair 300R or a 4/500R if you can find those on sale. Fractal cases are usually on sale as well. 

Both the CM 690 II and 500R are great cases, however I would take the 500R for a couple reasons:

Looks nicer

Fan controller

Better support for tall CPU heatsinks

and there's probably some more that I'm forgetting but overall I would take the 500R. The C70, if anything should have a bit worse airflow compared to the 500R because [again] through the design of the hard drive cages. Also it doesn't have much more features that would make me buy it over the 500R especially since it's more expensive. 

Personally I would keep the 2300 and wait a bit longer to see how games deal with CPU cores. Since the new consoles have 8 cores or whatever, we might start to see CPU utilization in games. Then that would be the point for you to upgrade and buy a CPU with more cores, IF this is how it's going to go down.

I want to buy a case since my old case isnt gud at airflow (pls refer to this for why i am changing http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/45181-unparking-all-cpu-cores/)

SO would like suggestions for better cases

budget 100-150$

Thanks

THE LITTLE DEVIL : i5 4690k on NOCTUA NHD15

Asus z97 sabertooth mark 2 

WD black 1TB & WD Green 2TB HDD, Samsung 840 Evo 240gb & Hyperx 240gb SSD 

RAM- Corsair vengence 16gb and hyperx fury 8gb

PSU-Seasonic sII 620 wtt power supply

PErPHERaLS: Logitech g403 mouse, Redgear cherry MX brown switches, Logitech gamepad f310,Cosmic byte XXL RGB mousepad 

Audio: SennheiserHD 558 and antlion mod mic

PHOnE: Realme 3 pro 

Corsair 400R 
Corsair 500R

Corsair 550D

Corsair 600T

Cooler Master HAF 922

Cooler Master HAF 932

NZXT Phantom 530

NZXT Phantom 630

Fractal Design Define R4

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2

EDIT: Moar

Antec Eleven Hundred

Antec Twelve Hundred

Antec P280

Silverstone FT02

Silverstone FT03/Mini

Silverstone SGxx

Silverstone TJ07-11

Cooler Master HAF XB
Cooler Master Elite 120

Corsair Air 540

Cubitek Minicube

Rosewill Thor V2

Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra

^one of those

Nzxt Phantom 410 - I5 4670k stock - 7950 vapor x @ 1000mhz/1250mhz - Msi Z87 G45 - 8gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1600mhz - TX650 - Benq XL2420t - Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 - Deathadder 2013

Cases are hard to pick for other people because it's completely up to you what kind of styling etc that you want.

#!

I would be buying a case which is quiet yet performing and has options for water cooling ,so this may help if thats what u meant by styling  :)

Thanks

PErPHERaLS: Logitech g403 mouse, Redgear cherry MX brown switches, Logitech gamepad f310,Cosmic byte XXL RGB mousepad 

Go by what you want... Cases are personal taste.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

The C70 is a great case that offers great airflow. This case has lots of room for cable management for a non modular psu (TX650 V2) and is very easy.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Corsair 350 d has excellent airflow and looks great

Cases are hard to pick for other people because it's completely up to you what kind of styling etc that you want.

^one of those

Corsair 400R 

Corsair 500R

Corsair 550D

Corsair 600T

Cooler Master HAF 922

Cooler Master HAF 932

NZXT Phantom 530

NZXT Phantom 630

Fractal Design Define R4

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2

EDIT: Moar

Antec Eleven Hundred

Antec Twelve Hundred

Antec P280

Silverstone FT02

Silverstone FT03/Mini

Silverstone SGxx

Silverstone TJ07-11

Cooler Master HAF XB

Cooler Master Elite 120

Corsair Air 540

Cubitek Minicube

Rosewill Thor V2

Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra

The C70 is a great case that offers great airflow. This case has lots of room for cable management for a non modular psu (TX650 V2) and is very easy.

I am considering to go for a i53570k over my i52300. Is it worth upgrading since,I would be doing gaming most of the time like planetside2 , BF3 ,arma2 etc.

The airflow design of the Storm Scout is not designed as well as it could have been because of the grille at the intake which blocks the air. For that price range I suggest a Corsair 300R or a 4/500R if you can find those on sale. Fractal cases are usually on sale as well. 

Both the CM 690 II and 500R are great cases, however I would take the 500R for a couple reasons:

Looks nicer

Fan controller

and there's probably some more that I'm forgetting but overall I would take the 500R. The C70, if anything should have a bit worse airflow compared to the 500R because [again] through the design of the hard drive cages. Also it doesn't have much more features that would make me buy it over the 500R especially since it's more expensive. 

Personally I would keep the 2300 and wait a bit longer to see how games deal with CPU cores. Since the new consoles have 8 cores or whatever, we might start to see CPU utilization in games. Then that would be the point for you to upgrade and buy a CPU with more cores, IF this is how it's going to go down.

Looks nicer

Fan controller

Thanks sir and does it support H100i or should i get coller master hyper evo 212 heatsink.?? 

I was looking for a Mobo( as i have intel dh61ww), should i wait and see so that i can change into AMD if required?

Thanks sir and does it support H100i or should i get coller master hyper evo 212 heatsink.?? 

I was looking for a Mobo( as i have intel dh61ww), should i wait and see so that i can change into AMD if required?

Which case?

Just keep the motherboard you have now.

Which case?

Just keep the motherboard you have now.

The Corsair 500 R

Yeah no problem in the top.

Another thing will H1oo i be completely inside with the top dust filter on and supports push/ pull config or both??

Another thing will H1oo i be completely inside with the top dust filter on and supports push/ pull config or both??

It should work however I'm not sure. It CAN be a tight fit. I would suggest you get a high end air cooler that will perform almost as well if not even better than the H100i. If you really want to go water cooling then you should check out the Define R4 or the Arc Midi R2, now those cases I know for sure you can do a P/P depending on the motherboard.

It should work however I'm not sure. It CAN be a tight fit. I would suggest you get a high end air cooler that will perform almost as well if not even better than the H100i. If you really want to go water cooling then you should check out the Define R4 or the Arc Midi R2, now those cases I know for sure you can do a P/P depending on the motherboard.

Any suggestions for high end air coolers??

I was looking at corsair 600t is it a gud case compared to 500r?? My friend is doing a build and I am helping him.

Any suggestions for high end air coolers??

I was looking at corsair 600t is it a gud case compared to 500r?? My friend is doing a build and I am helping him.

Not worth the extra price IMO, the 500R is just as good. For coolers I suggest a Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E Extreme, Phanteks PH-TC14PE and the Noctua NH-D14 as wella s the Noctua NH-U14s.

not the 550d

its a mid size case but it has a dumb hump on the right side the blocks sata ports and no cable mamgement room it only has room for a 240 mm rad and the back 120 mm has a stupid hump too. i do love the opening mechinism it uses. its just a tight case in the wrong places

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Not worth the extra price IMO, the 500R is just as good. For coolers I suggest a Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E Extreme, Phanteks PH-TC14PE and the Noctua NH-D14 as wella s the Noctua NH-U14s.

Thank u sir u have helped me and my friend I am going to order this now.