Decide what will be my next storage tutorial.

After receiving a lot of positive feedback on my first tutorial I decided I should make another one.

But I'm having some problems with selecting the subject, so please vote on the one you would like to see, if you miss any please tell me!

Please note that I am no expert on any of these systems  yet, most will be new for me, so it will take a while (at leas a month) to write as it will be a lot of new stuff for me, but that should also make the tutorial easier as I wont skip things like some of the guru's might do because they expect you to know things. :P

For those who haven't seen it, this is my first tutorial: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/33510-how-to-install-and-setup-flexraid-on-your-windows-storage-system/

PS: poll result will not be decisive, just want to get a feeling of what you guys want :P

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

All of them!

I plan to do all of them eventually, just need to know which one to start with :p

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

I am kinda dissapointed that there isn't a "How to make schnitzel tutorial" option

OpenFiler

Fixed

I am thinking of getting my own Freenas, so seeing yet another example of it will be good.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

Before I did the poll I was already aiming at freenas and storage spaces as they are both very nice entry options for people new to nas systems (at least that's what I've heard :P)

Its nice to see that I'm not the only one who thought that.

(I'll still let it run just in case there is a massive vote shift)

I see lots of ZFS in your future. Excellent, me likey! :wub:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

i would love a tutorial on how to make a schnitzel

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

I see lots of ZFS in your future. Excellent, me likey! :wub:

What he said :D

(but really do a zfs tutorial. and no I'm not biased :ph34r:)

Workstation: 3930k @ 4.3GHz under an H100 - 4x8GB ram - infiniband HCA  - xonar essence stx - gtx 680 - sabretooth x79 - corsair C70 Server: i7 3770k (don't ask) - lsi-9260-4i used as an HBA - 6x3TB WD red (raidz2) - crucia m4's (60gb (ZIL, L2ARC), 120gb (OS)) - 4X8GB ram - infiniband HCA - define mini  Goodies: Røde podcaster w/ boom & shock mount - 3x1080p ips panels (NEC monitors for life) - k90 - g9x - sp2500's - HD598's - kvm switch

ZFS tutorial

I voted FreeNAS but will settle for Schnitzel, and that's no joke B)

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Give us all the schnitzel!

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking