Can I have two wireless networks in my house?

OneManWolfPack5

There's obviously the wireless network my family all uses wich gives me a boatload of ping issues. I have a Ethernet jack in my room so. Could I by a router and have my own network?

The One....The Only!!!

yes, but most decent routers also support dual bands, plus the intranet traffic is probably not your issue, it's probably your bandwidth from the ISP that's being pushed to the limit by all the users. So just get a single better router for the house and keep one band to yourself, or set up QOS and give yourself priority over everyone else. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

There's obviously the wireless network my family all uses wich gives me a boatload of ping issues. I have a Ethernet jack in my room so. Could I by a router and have my own network?

why not just plug the computer into the Ethernet jack?

Firstly, edit the title my OCD is exploding.

Secondly, yes but you'll have the same connection to the ISP

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

why not just plug the computer into the Ethernet jack?

So,I can plug a Ethernet cable into the back of my motherboard, and then into the Ethernet jack, and get full speed wired connection?

The One....The Only!!!

So,I can plug a Ethernet cable into the back of my motherboard, and then into the Ethernet jack, and get full speed wired connection?

Yes.........

Does this jack connect back to where the router is?  If so, does the router have ethernet ports?  If so then forget about another wireless and hardwire your computer to the primary.

Because if that does not solve your problem then adding a second WiFi will probably not either.