Is it enough?

Hey so in 3 weeks one of my sons will become 11 years old and i have planned to suprise him with a pc. It will be built with some spare parts lying around the house and this system is going to have the 5930k in it one of my favorites right now. And of course i want to overclock it! BUUUUUUT(T) I have a problem, the system is going to be using 811 watts and I only got the hx850i so what i'm worried about is that the overclock is going to draw to much power and zap itself! Is that going to happen pls tell me if that is the case then i will just upgrade to the hx1000i no problem!

Yeah.....I also think the 5930k is a bit overkill, but if that's all you have lying around I guess 'yolo'. And as Skyward said, I'd be looking at a bigger PSU if you really need to oc it. Also, what other parts are you going to run in the build?

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

If you are gonna do some overclocking get a larger power supply. Also, that is one lucky 11 year old.

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

If you are going to overclock then you would need a bit more headroom, 1000Ws would be ideal.

Also, a 5930k is way overkill for an 11 year old imo :/. Meh, who am I to tell you what to do.

Lol yeah i know it's overkill but i have a spare one so FUCK IT!!!

If you are gonna do some overclocking get a larger power supply. Also, that is one lucky 11 year old.

I know lucky son of bitch oh wait did i call my self a bitch!?

I know lucky son of bitch oh wait did i call my self a bitch!?

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

Yeah.....I also think the 5930k is a bit overkill, but if that's all you have lying around I guess 'yolo'. And as Skyward said, I'd be looking at a bigger PSU if you really need to oc it. Also, what other parts are you going to run in the build?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/chvZTW here is the build and yes it is overkill but it is what i have and i will only be buying the ssd! And maybe the powersupply!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/chvZTW here is the build and yes it is overkill but it is what i have and i will only be buying the ssd! And maybe the powersupply!

holy shit does your 11 year old render 10 videos at once and play Crysis 3 at 4k at the same time???

And, yeah, I would definitely consider getting a 1000watt PSU

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

32 why do you ask?

holy shit does your 11 year old render 10 videos at once and play Crysis 3 at 4k at the same time???

And, yeah, I would definitely consider getting a 1000watt PSU

Hahaha yeah...but hey does actually play gta 5 and stuff so yeah and again this will cost me almost nothing!

So, a 4000 build for an 11 year old?

So, a 4000 build for an 11 year old?

Again this will cost me only $500 sense i have all the other parts.

Again this will cost me only $500 sense i have all the other parts.

Wow, awesome! What will he be doing though?

Hahaha yeah...but hey does actually play gta 5 and stuff so yeah and again this will cost me almost nothing!

yeah but....such waste....... And mind you, just how the hell do you just have this stuff lying around?

Wow, awesome! What will he be doing though?

Playing gta 5 probably some of the witcher and of course minecraft! I am such a good father letting my son play 18+ games right?........Right?

Fucking hell, he's the luckiest 11 year old in the world rn...

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Playing gta 5 probably some of the witcher and of course minecraft! I am such a good father letting my son play 18+ games right?........Right?

5430159456_26726415_answer_1_xlarge.png

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

yeah but....such waste....... And mind you, just how the hell do you just have this stuff lying around?

What do you think!? I have used them before! Or i just bought them on sale in case of hardware failure.

This is a troll.

Fucking hell, he's the luckiest 11 year old in the world rn...

What doesn't everybody do this??? Nah i'm joking but hey i love him and that is what parents are for right?

What do you think!? I have used them before! Or i just bought them on sale in case of hardware failure.

I guess my poor person mentality makes me think this is weird. 

This is a troll.

Noooooo just because i show some love for my son you think it's a troll!?

Noooooo just because i show some love for my son you think it's a troll!?

It sounds extremely suspicious.